This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Mattel/Global Brands Team
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Mattel, Inc. is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Designer to join its Hot Wheels Track and Playsets product design team. The Hot Wheels Track and Playsets team focuses on delivering exciting innovative product for a wide range of vehicle segments such as Hot Wheels Action and Story Sets, Hot Wheels Track Builder, Large Scale Vehicles, tech based sets as well as an understanding of systems of play and construction (ie. lego). The group is focused on creating new product opportunities for the boys vehicle division; by understanding the consumer (parents and boys), current and forward trends and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating toy concepts in 2D and/or 3D models to design and marketing management. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun boys products, ideating new concepts as well as forward-design style capabilities.
* Design and develop moderate to complex projects, and perform complex design tasks
* Actively generate new opportunities to innovate and elevate the brand
* Support Design management by addressing the strategic goals
* Partner with cross-functional teams and outside vendors to insure product integrity and marketing objectives
* Daily communication with Asia partner
* Successfully present and communicate concepts to the design and marketing management and creative departments
* Work autonomously through design assignments
Experience, Education & Skills
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence, forward visual thinking and superior problem solving
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs
* Knowledge of 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus)
* Knowledge of material and manufacturing process, specifically plastics
* Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
* Ability to project manage
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
* Passion for current trends in general, toy trends, and both RC and tech toys category. Understanding of features in the consumer electronics industry their influence in the toy industry a plus.
* BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent degree
* 3-5 Years Professional Experience
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl , Barbie , Fisher-Price , Hot Wheels , Monster High and Thomas & Friends , among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer