Sr. Designer, Boys Toy Box
Mattel, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated Sr. Designer with Industrial/Toy Design experience to join its dynamic Toy Box- Boys product design team. This role will focus on delivering an exciting and innovative product for our Minecraft action figure line. The Toy Box group is focused on creating new product opportunities for the boys division by understanding the consumer, trends and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating toy concepts in 2D and/or 3D models to Design and Marketing management. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun boys action products as well as ideating new concepts.
* Actively generate new toy concepts to enhance the brand.
* Oversee designs through ideation, concept refinement, and final production samples.
* Ability to balance innovation, cost, timeline, and quality.
* Support Design management by addressing the strategic goals
* Partner with Marketing, Engineering, Packaging and Product Integrity to create viable product
* Daily communication with Asia partners.
* Successfully present and communicate their concepts to management, internal partners, and licensors.
* Manage the early phases of design and development with other disciplines within the company.
Experience, Education & Skills
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite- Photoshop and Illustrator, or comparable 2D computer programs
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Knowledge of 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus)
* Knowledge of material and manufacturing process
* Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
* Ability to project manage
* Ideal candidate will exhibit interest and knowledge of the brands, as well as current industry trends.
* Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence and superior problem solving
* A passion for action figures and/or game design
* BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent degree
* 3-5 Years Professional Experience
The Mattel family of companies (NASDAQ:MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel s portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie , the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels , Monster High , American Girl , Thomas & Friends and Fisher-Price brands, including Little People and Power Wheels , as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine and is also ranked No. 2 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel s companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer