Sr Developer, Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting around the Enterprise Content Management area, or content management systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Assoc Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Principal Architect on complex projects.YOUR QUALIFICATIONSMinimum 7 Years' experience in Application Development & Technical Support.Minimum 7 years' experience designing and developing applications professionally.Minimum 4 years' experience in a Development lead role with ownership for an application domain.PreferredMinimum of 2 years of experience in OpenText xECM solution design and implementation.Minimum of 7 years of experience in solution implementation including significant experience delivering medium to large scale projects and multiple concurrent projects.Minimum 4 years of working in Tier 1, high available systemsExcellent knowledge of software development lifecycle concepts and infrastructure project delivery.Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to efficiently communicate on various project stakeholder disciplines.Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills including the ability to break down complex issues.Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to provide solid judgement within scope and boundaries.Strong information and technical research gathering skills with the ability to work independently to resolve complex technical issues.Experience and leading in Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery methodologies is a plus.Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, manage own work activities, meet deadlines and develop project status and time reportingKnowledge of common business process of the core xECM modules (Stream Serve, Content Server, Archive Server, Opentext Directory Services). Specifically:
Captiva InputAccel version 6.5 SP1 & Documentum 6.7 SP1Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.Education/Vocational Training:
B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new system functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of system enhancements.
- Take overall responsibility for deliverables from development team for OpenText application.
- Become the SME on the OpenText implementation and OpenText product at T-Mobile.
- Ensure that vendor deliverables meet quality standards at TMO, and follow software development best practices.
- Drive and be a Change Agent for processes towards achieving Continuous Delivery including Build, Test and Deployment Automation.
- Develop close ongoing partnerships with Application Support / Ops teams for OpenText
- Develop close ongoing partnerships with Dev leads in other application domains that integrate with OpenText.
- Responsible to providing accurate and timely project status to the Project Manager.
- Adheres to T-Mobile Governance, PM methods, and tools/templates as appropriate.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .