Sr. Development Manager 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Want to make a difference in the life of a student*
Are you passionate about the latest web technology trends*
Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better*
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity for a talented and energetic Sr. Development Manager to join our growing product development team. The Sr. Development Manager at Hobsons will be involved in significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaS application. Your work will focus on work together with the Product Owners and Scrum Masters to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively.
We are seeking candidates that have strong development experience and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in SaaS products.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro stop)
* Work together with the Product Owners and Scrum Masters to plan and execute projects
* Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively
* Collaborate with the Product Management in defining the Product Vision
* Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues
* Monitor individual employees performance
* Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent years of relevant experience is required; Master's degree is preferred
* 7-10 years of experience, including a supervisory or lead role is required
* 5+ years of experience in software engineering leadership roles
* Proven experience building and maintaining transparent communications for the team
* Demonstrated success in delivering projects on schedule within the defined budget and scope
* Customer-oriented and experience with understanding the competitive landscape, industry, and customer needs driving product development initiatives
* Demonstrated experience using metrics to support teams and strategies
* Strong technical knowledge of web-based application technologies
* Track record of delivering enterprise software, preferably SaaS applications
* Experience with high-traffic applications that are database intensive
* Strong knowledge of scalability and security in web-based environments
* Strong experience with Agile methods
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.