Sr Director/Architect, DevOps Software Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Principal Architect, DevOps Software Development - SFDC Database Systems Infrastructure (DSI)
About Salesforce -
Salesforce.com is the #1 CRM platform and the clear leader in sales, service, marketing and cloud platforms. With our four product lines, companies have the tools they need to transform the way they sell, service, market and innovate Today, with this next generation of technology, our customers are connecting with their customers in entirely new ways. With Salesforce's four product lines--Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, Salesforce1 Platform- companies have the tools they need to transform the way they sell, service, market and innovate. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For.
About the Team -
Our Database and Storage Cloud has breached 4.3 billion transactions a day and growing at an exponential rate! Due to this rapid growth evolving our core database infrastructure has never been more important. Be a part of the first-rate team that's building our next generation database infrastructure for speed, scale, and high availability. If you're fired up about: cutting-edge compute and storage, automating everything, and working with great engineers, this is the team for you!
The Role -
This role will involve defining a strategy and architecture for hands-off software automation for a large mission critical compute and storage infrastructure, advising leadership on the strategy, and collaborating across a team of engineers to execute on the strategy and lead the team to success. The candidate will immediately apply their skills in software architecture, high availability and DevOps concepts to the development of the strategy and establishing a fast-paced and fun cadence of execution. The results of the team will continue to evolve and provide extreme value to the business as they continue to introduce new technologies and maintain their position as the top cloud infrastructure team in the industry.
* Are you a senior technical software development leader who loves to get hands-on*
* Do you have specific experience in and a passion for DevOps within a large scale cloud infrastructure environment*
* Have you led or been a key player in the successful deployment of a hands-off, automated infrastructure - automation of capacity provisioning, configuration and allocation, integrity checking, exception handling and ideally driven from feedback signals*
* Do you have domain expertise in automating at scale across physical hardware devices, including servers, Ethernet and/or FC SAN networks, storage arrays and monitoring solutions*
* Love setting technical direction, dynamically leading small teams of software developers to execute on that direction.*
* Are you a born diplomat who can work across management boundaries to drive the most effective and scalable technical results*
* Is: inspiring others, leading by example, iterating and taking risks to innovate to produce great results part of your DNA*
If you said yes to all of these then this role may be the right fit for you!
* Proficient, expert level experience desired in one or more of Java, Python, Ruby languages.
* Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
* 10+ years professional software development experience
* Working competence with Git, Puppet, Chef and Docker.
* Systems level engineer with good understanding of hardware and data center integration of hardware at scale - x86 servers, networking design and integration, storage arrays and fiber channel networking.
* Focused knowledge of management/config plane of these hardware technologies.
* Knowledge of RedHat/Oracle Linux, Redfish, EMC and Hitachi Data Systems storage array products.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.