Sr. Director, Client Services 8/24/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The role serves as a key leader in Client Services and a lieutenant to the SVP. The Senior Director has established a track record of project excellence, client satisfaction and people advocacy. The Senior Director develops people in the context of client work and sets realistic goals for the advancement of careers at Epiq. The Senior Director is a trusted client advisor, executing on sound business decisions as well as collaborating through all professional channels at Epiq. The Senior Director is visible, assertive, positive and a solution provider. The Senior Director serves as a role model to Managers, Senior PMs and PMs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage a cohesive and collaborative team of geographically dispersed team members.
* Champion a broad team of client-facing project management professionals and establish and enforce standard protocols and responsibilities
* Provide team leadership as an advocate for staff members; foster growth opportunities within the organization
* Enforce accountability in all aspects of service delivery and project management
* Be pro-active with feedback and development discussions.
* Serve as the primary liaison with key client representatives and own the service delivery relationship for assigned client accounts and projects
* Work with the business development Managers to ensure all assigned client accounts have a strategic account plan for which the Client Services aspect has been completed
* Work with clients to establish best practices which meet client needs and address any prioritization issues that may arise across projects
* Drive overall client satisfaction through effective oversight, expectation deliverables and a mix of internal, client and external reference points
* Provide managerial and strategic guidance to the institutionalization of Epiq's best practices for Client Services as well as cross-functionally with eDiscovery business units.
EPIQ MANAGED SERVICES (EMS) AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
* Forge alliances with all functional teams within EDS (Sales, Solution Engineers, Production, Global Operations teams, Managed Services Implementation (MSI).
* Deepen professional relationships with Operations and Sales to help grow and support the EMS business unit.
* Select and foster proper team leadership within each geographic area; ensure team members are skilled and suited to their respective roles.
* Perform regular assessments of the organizational structure within EMS Client Services; formalize the growth plans for the Project Coordinator team.
* Seek out opportunities to cross train Epiq ESI CS and EMS CS.
* Embrace and be accountable for the current 50+ client accounts; determine common denominators and categories of EMS clients for training and staffing purposes.
* Ensure full compliance on account Playbooks.
* Ensure full compliance on Account Reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Meetings.
* Target specific clients who have developed a mature model for EMS implementation; develop best practices that can be repeated and shared with other clients.
* Develop working knowledge of EMScontracts, SOWs, and pricing models so that staffing and delivery are operationally and financially effective.
* Lead the way for one Relativity Production Line.
* Manage transactional client matters in a consistent and predictable manner.
GROWING NEW LEADERS - create a model and philosophy around mentoring new leaders so that they assume full responsibility for their team well-being and performance.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT- Engage fully in the attention to staff members in a way that demonstrates dedicated interest and investment in the care and feeding of people, including regular feedback and growth potential opportunities.
BUILDING EFFECTIVE PARTNERSHIPS- Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnership with individuals in other areas of the business in an effort to achieve business goals; identifies partnership opportunities through analysis of business needs and relationships that may enhance success; develops the partnership through information exchange, clarification of partnership benefits and definition of partnership.
MANAGING CHANGE - Facilitates implementations and acceptance of organizational change; addresses resistance to change and helps individuals adapt to change; encourages and rewards others to identify opportunities to do things differently.
CLIENT FOCUS - Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
STRATEGIC AGILITY - Clearly understands and articulates the business strategy; continuously ensures team and individual goals are aligned to broader strategic objectives, particularly when there is a change in direction; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately including their potential impact; maintains broad business knowledge and perspective; creates new, competitive strategies aligned to the broader business strategy.
TALENT MANAGEMENT - Provides leadership in the execution of talent management initiatives and programs specific to talent acquisition, management and development; ensures teams are aligned and committed to broader department-level talent objectives; ensures management team actively contributes to talent management initiatives, provides high visibility and support to high potential individuals, promotes a learning and growth environment for all employees on the team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS direct multiple project teams serving numerous clients while ensuring the completion of all work; oversee development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
We are seeking a superior candidate for this unique role. As a result, we require the following background in candidates selected for this opportunity:
* A Bachelor's (BA) degree. A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degrees a plus;
* A minimum of seven (7) years consulting, litigation support, attorney or paralegal experience in a law firm, corporate legal departments or eDiscovery service provider.
* A minimum of three (3) years of personnel management or (5) years of client service team leadership experience
_Characteristics of a successful leader at Epiq Systems include the following: _
* An inspirational and personalized leadership style;
* A polished and sophisticated presence which is effective at in-person client meetings;
* Structured and precise with a results-oriented approach to business;
* Personal buy-in to Epiq's cultural values with a passion for associates, customers, and products;
* Known to be approachable;
* Acknowledges and gives credit and thanks to others;
* Demonstrates full commitment and offers tactical strength through regular oversight;
* Strategic strength through consistent execution, speed, decisiveness, and risk taking;
* Focused, sophisticated presence;
* Consensus builder, collaborative, flexible thinking and agile; and
* Brevity, informal, and to-the-point.
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters.