Sr Director Clinical Excellence
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 10215-19174
The Performance Improvement Senior Director Clinical Excellence will identify, plan, develop and execute clinical performance improvement projects with division and facility leadership to achieve targeted clinical and financial objectives. This is accomplished by partnering with physicians, hospital executives and the division leadership including the facility and division Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Quality. The Senior Director interfaces with division and facility leadership to execute on key performance improvement strategies at assigned facilities. This position is directly accountable for the outcome of assigned Performance Improvement Clinical Excellence engagements and achievement of improvement goals. The Senior Director executes the clinical excellence strategic vision by directing multi-disciplinary teams comprised of physicians, hospital management and hospital staff using a defined Performance Improvement Clinical Excellence methodology. This position collaborates with others to develop and/or identify best demonstrated practices and develop company standards in support of Clinical Excellence program goals. This position serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis. The Senior Director needs to possess strategic vision, excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, have an executive presence, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals.
* Directs multi-disciplinary team in identifying and implementing sustainable changes that result in a reduction in avoidable clinical variation at assigned facilities.
* Works closely with Performance Improvement Division Vice President, Division and Facility leadership to identify and determine facility clinical variance opportunities and targets based on peer group analysis.
* Works directly with physicians, executive leaders, directors and staff to implement and maintain clinical performance improvement.
* Strategically plans and implements clinical performance improvement projects with hospital executives and division leadership.
* Analyzes clinical performance data to identify clinical variation opportunities and makes recommendations to facility and division leadership in alignment with the facility's strategic plan.
* Executes on established performance improvement agenda in surgical operations, emergency room operations and clinical excellence.
* Recommends changes or improvements based on research and evidence to implement clinical best practices.
* Drives improved clinical outcomes through the development and deployment of standard toolkits, processes and clinical assessments.
* Adheres to a proven Performance Improvement methodology for Clinical Excellence.
* Collaborates with Division Chief Medical Officer, VP of Quality and corporate groups to implement clinical performance improvement strategies.
* Provides best practices and clinical evidence to physicians and multi-disciplinary teams to assist in clinical performance improvement.
* Collaborates with facility, division and corporate leaders to develop and/or identify best demonstrated practices to improve clinical and operational performance.
* Coordinates division and corporate resources to ensure successful execution of established clinical performance agenda.
* Facilitates Rapid Design Sessions to identify clinical performance opportunities and clinical process improvements, including identification of best demonstrated practices.
* Prioritizes PI CE work based upon the needs of the business and in accordance and alignment with company strategy.
* Ensures standardization and consistency across engagements; Communicates routinely with Performance Improvement Division Vice President to ensure alignment across Clinical Excellence program.
* Serves as the Performance Improvement primary consultant in clinical performance improvement and implementation teams.
* Works with PI Division VP to adjust PI CE strategies to respond to changing business needs.
* Develops presentations to present to a wide audience at the hospital and division levels.
* Actively participates in projects and conversations with Performance Improvement-focused peers in other divisions via corporate support structure and contributes to enterprise best practice library.
* Communicates timely and effectively in a matrix environment.
* Drives business decisions through the development and use of analytics.
* Works in a remote and in a matrix environment.
* Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred.
* 10 years professional work experience required.
* 5 7 relevant work experience required.
* Experience in working with physicians and/or other clinicians in driving efficiency and value required.
* HCA clinical and financial systems experience preferred.
* Experience and/or skills in consulting, hospital operations management, health care financial management, strategic planning and relationship management desired.
* Executive level interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a matrix environment is a must.
* Excellent Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Work experience required.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
* Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations.
Last Edited: 08/22/2016