Sr. Director, Field Operations 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
The Senior Director of Field Operations is a key position in Tennant s Americas Business Unit leadership team. This position is responsible for the overall direction, management and process execution of Customer Service, Sales and Service Training, Field Analytics, Sales Operations, as well as field technology and enablement. The Senior Director of Field Operations will lead a team with a mission to transform our customer experience by driving strategically-aligned and holistic solutions. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of the Americas Business Unit.
* Lead the broad efforts of five field support teams - field analytics, field training, field solutions (technology), customer service, and sales operations with over 100 FTE and approximately $10M in expense
* Create an unparalleled customer experience by using data and analytical insights, process, technology, and training to make our field sales, field service, and customer service teams more efficient and effective.
* This position will work in collaboration with Americas leadership and Sales, Strategic Accounts, Field Service, Distribution, and Marketing leadership to support planning and execution of strategic planning process, annual operating planning process, and ensure Field Operations priorities are aligned and prioritized
* Partner with cross-functional corporate teams speaking as the voice of sales to ensure the established goals are executed cohesively to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
* Technology: Focus on business process transformation through systems integration - CRM, Cornerstone training resources, Cisco phone systems, and new solutions
* Training: Focus on programs for Field Sales and Service employee on-boarding, skill gap-analysis and development, and developing and driving consistent sales/service customer service processes
* Projects: Interfaces regularly with Americas leadership to provide strategic and tactical advice on project prioritization and execution, partnering with IT on resource and scope alignment
* Process improvement: Focus on pricing standardization, automation of regular reporting and analytics, sales and partner plan and payment administration, or Customer Service initiatives that will drive efficiency and effectiveness
* Analytics: Drive insights through analytics to support opportunity assessment, territory optimization, lead and opportunity efficacy, sales, service, and customer service efficiency and effectiveness
* Customer Service: Support an unparalleled customer experience through workforce planning, employee development, and process optimization driving efficiency and effectiveness
* Cross-Functional work: Partner with Marketing on channel optimization via customer prioritization/marketing and lead automation, work with IT on e-commerce and ERP and other platform integrations, work with Finance/Marketing on strategic planning, work with HR on on-boarding and workforce planning
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
* A proven, well-rounded, pragmatic leader with 10+years of experience in hands-on leadership and management. Must be able to develop a vision for field operations and how to address opportunities.
* Possess knowledge of financial indicators and analysis.
* Experienced in driving initiatives and programs designed to increase levels of customer satisfaction, service excellence and optimizing business processes and operations.
* A passion for delivering results together with people, and a natural talent for building trust and earning respect both internally and externally. He/she will lead by example, demonstrating the highest ethical standards and personal integrity.
* A track record that will result in immediate or very rapid leadership credibility within the senior management team and employees. This person must be comfortable and effective with interacting regularly with the senior members of the Tennant s leadership team.
* Must be able to effectively collaborate with the Corporate Office and other business units to take advantage of best practices, insure strategic alignment and share resources as appropriate.
* Keen business judgment combined with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight. Must be capable of identifying, articulating, and developing new opportunities within the boundaries of prudent risk.
* The proven ability to lead change.
* Experience in building a team and identifying and developing top talent. Knows how to develop a culture of hard work, engagement and success. Must be a team builder and one who can bring people together.
* The interpersonal skills and organizational savvy to work in the existing company culture to ensure success.
* Excellent communication skills.
* The proven leadership trait of making reasoned decisions in a rapidly changing business environment. The flexibility and problem-solving capability to address and resolve issues that face a business.
* Experience with roll-out of project management and process improvements in large organizations.
Focus on Action and Outcomes: Fearlessly takes on issues; thrives in high challenge situations; not afraid to make hard decisions and take tough action; challenges the status quo.
Making Complex Decisions: Can solve even the toughest and most complex problems; is a quick study of the new and different; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
Communicates Effectively: Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; effectively gets a message across.
Creating the New and Different: Is able to be visionary and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge.
Being Organizationally Savvy: Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
Managing Diverse Relationships: Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles and types; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably.
Evaluating and Deploying Talent: Reads people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job or role; hires the best.
Inspiring Others: Is skilled at getting individuals, teams and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
Getting Work Done