Sr. Director, Information Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and GM of SubCom, the Director of IT will be a critical part of the SubCom leadership team. This person will help define the future roadmap of the IT organization by continually evaluating technology practices across SubCom. The Director of IT will also further infrastructure processes, investments and innovations that deliver business results and meet the objectives of SubCom and its parent TE Connectivity.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have global experience and a record of producing best-in-class IT solutions. S/he will also possess a combination of strategic thinking and IT execution skills at the enterprise level. Beyond excellent delivery skills, the ideal candidate will be a commercially inclined, pragmatic, global business technology leader with the ability to create real value through the alignment of technology and business interests. This leader must be passionate about both internal and external customers, while maximizing relationships to optimize the delivery of business results. In addition, this leader must be comfortable with ambiguity, adept at change management, remain adaptable, and be capable of working in a results oriented business environment. This position also requires strong influence skills, teamwork, organizational savvy, and an overall commitment to excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance and personal competencies:
* Experience leading IT transformation involving the implementation of new technologies, new service models and organizational design.
* Experience managing both domestic and global vendor relationships.
* Willingness and ability to make timely, difficult decisions in a rapidly changing environment where project priorities are often juggled based on business needs.
* High levels of energy and persistence.
* Experience as a hands-on technology leader, with broad exposure to infrastructure, operations, ERP, security and risk management, engineering systems, PMO and architecture.
* Proven experience and successes in creating IT strategies in a multi-vendor and global environment.
* Strong change management experience with demonstrated ability to take a holistic view of people, process and technology.
* Proven record of designing improved IT solutions and operating models in a global organization.
* Strong business acumen and ability to consistently evaluate decisions in terms of business impact.
* Capability to develop and execute short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) plans.
* Talent for embracing change, and rapidly responding to changing company needs.
Ability to Build Relationships and Exert Influence
* Interest in and aptitude for forming strong, lasting business relationships with strategic partners and business teams.
* Experience managing end user expectations and delivering excellent customer service.
* Collaborative working style, able to create a positive culture within IT stressing achievement, teamwork, development, accountability, competency and an overall commitment to SubCom and TE Connectivity values.
* Experience providing customer-oriented leadership, along with proven negotiation and influence skills.
* Strong communication, listening, and presenting skills, and the ability to work with various levels of the organization.
Team Building Experience
* Record of building global teams through the ability to recruit, motivate, evaluate and develop talent.
* Proven progression in leadership ability and accountability through expansion of role and/or responsibilities.
* The skills to establish an organization that is highly motivated by both team and individual successes.
* Team-orientation, initiative, flexibility and effective problem-solving skills.
Required Personal Attributes
* Thought leadership and the ability to paint a picture about what is possible with technology.
* Ability to articulate a transformational future in which IT is a strategic weapon and inspire an organization to get there.
* Strong instincts and willingness to share his/her opinion.
* Team orientation and collaborative style.
* Strong and effective communication skills with significant influencing capability.
* Orientation towards action, with the ability to get things done. Very strong sense of urgency. Strong business orientation and financial savvy.
* Engaging personality that makes the candidate enjoyable to work with.
* The highest standard of integrity and personal behavior.
Background and Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree in IT, Engineering or Business (or related field). Masters preferred.
* Track record of creating a vision and executing it.
* Demonstrable success in leading an end-user focused business transformation initiative using the latest technologies that delivered major organizational impact.
* High comfort level with ambiguity, adeptness at change management, adaptability, and capability of working in a results oriented business environment.
* Strong influence skills, teamwork orientation, organizational savvy, and an overall commitment to excellence.
* Strong leader with a reputation for building teams and attracting world-class talent.