Sr. Director, Leadership Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
This new position will report into the VP, Global Talent Management and will have a team of 3-4 direct reports. This position will provide strategic and operational direction for all talent and leadership development priorities to ensure the appropriate initiatives drive improved performance and organizational business results. The role will be accountable for succession and talent planning, coaching, assessments, enterprise-wide leadership curriculum and executive on-boarding. This role will provide grounded research and industry best practices to establish and drive a multi-year leadership development strategy to deliver and grow TE.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Drive enterprise-wide leadership programs and initiatives targeting early career through executive-level leaders
* Lead design, implementation and enhancement of talent and leadership programs and processes to address business needs and advance the talent agenda
* Audit all current leadership development and talent programs and processes globally; rationalize to ensure alignment to overall leadership development strategy and success profile; define support from center, region, business; continually refresh to keep programs and processes aligned to the business needs
* Lead design, development and deployment of the GM curriculum
* Build a development culture and establish the TE leadership DNA. Gain agreement from senior leadership on the leadership principles (e.g., leaders developing leaders, time in role, successor in place before talent movement, accountability); launch a communication plan to drive visibility and consistency of messaging
* Build a leadership brand in the marketplace
* Develop a succession and talent planning process for the top pivotal leadership roles (e.g., top 50); directly support the senior leadership team, facilitate executive talent reviews and oversee identification, assessment and career planning.
* Establish and oversee standards and guidelines for assessment and coaching. Build organizational feedback and coaching capability.
* Design and oversee executive on-boarding standards for the company
* Ensure diversity is appropriately and consistently integrated across leadership development programs and practices
* Partner with global staffing to ensure alignment between succession planning and executive recruiting
Education, Experience and Leadership Attributes
* Advanced Degree (MBA preferred)
* Thought leadership; has led the leadership development and/or talent management function in a progressive, high-bar for talent environment
* Senior level expertise in building leadership development programs, design principles, blended learning strategies
* Known for innovative thinking and strong domain expert; practical operator adept at driving execution of programs and processes
* Has the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among business and HR leaders; experience working well in partnership with senior leaders in large organizations for driving positive change
* Experience developing customized approaches that leverage and complement the business culture of companies in which they work vs. favoring a particular academic approach
* Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner
* Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
* Hires/develops great people
* Has relentlessly high standards; leads with courage
* Strong measurement bias and the ability to translate leadership development and talent management activities into measurable outcomes