Sr. Director, Sales Compensation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 2/11/2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4247 Sr. Director, Sales Compensation (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Director, Sales Compensation
The Sr. Director, Sales Compensation is responsible for world-wide sales and services incentive compensation and bonus administration. This includes designing appropriate incentive compensation plans, managing the systems and processes, assigning deal credit, calculating commissions and providing sales performance information and incentive plan efficacy read-outs. The Sr. Director leads a team that works in close partnership with Sales and Services leadership, Sales Operations, Finance, HR and other functions from plan design through system implementation. The team provides information and analysis to evaluate the success of the incentive compensation strategies.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and driving the design, planning and implementation of effective incentive compensation plans and policies worldwide.
- Accountable to lead and drive the annual incentive compensation design process, partnering with sales & services, human resources and finance teams.
- Delivers annual plan for business specific incentive plans.
- Conducts research on incentive compensation plans and incorporate leading strategies and components into designs.
- Manages a team of commissions analysts and develop a team culture focused on customer service, commitment to excellence, collaboration and continuous improvement and accountability
- Develops policies and guidelines to support administration of incentive plans.
- Identifies and proactively manages incentive compensation issues.
- Communicates with management and employees on compensation programs.
- Responsible for recommending appropriate tools and processes needed to accurately calculate sales commissions.
- Creates and develops reports for sales contests; analyze and provide executive summary and work closely with the appropriate teams to evaluate impact and value of program/contest.
- Investigates new and innovative methodologies for engaging and motivating the field force members through incentive programs.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of Callidus programing throughout the plan year including defining and developing solutions based on newly identified needs
- Creates and execute robust audit processes to prevent commission payout errors.
- Proven track record of leading sales compensation end to end function.
- Experience building and/or redesigning a sales compensation function and related strategy, operational plan and processes to support sales teams across multiple businesses and regions in a Technology Company.
- Understands success metrics and be able to report, track, and identify substantive takeaways resulting in sales plan effectiveness and positive impact to revenue.
- Must be able to work within a cross-functional team environment and at all levels within the organization, to lead and influence
- Advanced skills in business acumen, strategic planning, analytics, communication, project management, and change management.
- Proven ability to coordinate communication and strategic alignment across matrix organizations to ensure incentive programs are effectively designed and implemented
- Experience in assessing sales/call plan and contest effectiveness to ensure plan objectives are met. Evaluates and recommend improvements to optimize effectiveness.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with strong leadership and influencing skills
- BA/BS degree; relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years Compensation experience; including 5+ years in sales incentive and commission plans design, management & administration.
- Understanding of concepts and principles of efficient sales compensation planning
- Ability to analyze and structure complex projects.
- Advanced skills working with excel spreadsheets, compensation tools and SFDC as it pertains to Compensation activity for the field
- Excellent customer relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead and grow a team of top performers
- Ability to promote cooperation and commitment to create a collaborative work environment across a complex cross-functional groups, takes an end to end approach to fully understand, address and accommodate how processes and activities outside of own group could impact the performance and results of Commissions payouts
- Experience as a Project Leader responsible for in-sourcing analytical functions, ie incentive compensation.
- Deals comfortably with concepts and complexity.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.