Sr. Director Strategic Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PLANNING
(LOCATION: MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA)
Reporting to the VP, Alliances, Business Development & Pricing, the Senior Director, Strategic Planning is responsible for Veritas long-range strategic plan, including portfolio and financial planning, as well as annual planning. This leadership position spans all Veritas solutions worldwide.
* Drive the strategic planning process across our global Product organization, including development of short- and long-term strategic plans and quarterly and annual business review cycles
* Collaborate with key business leaders and our CTO office to align on pivotal market trends, which markets we should lead in, and build the future product roadmap accordingly
* Strategic framing: get beyond the abstract and general to deliver rigorous, nuanced and actionable recommendations
* Partner closely with our Finance team to build quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models; requires technical and corporate finance skills
* Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis and synthesis that unlocks business insights and drives sound decision-making on central business issues
* Develop and communicate strategic plans, scorecards and business solutions through high-impact, executive-level presentations
* Align senior leaders and key stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills and persuasion
* Effectively plan and tightly manage the scope and lifecycle of broad, cross-functional projects
* Minimum 10 years total experience, with 5 years in strategic planning, management consulting or related field
* Deep understanding of enterprise software and storage technology and overall ecosystem
* Capability to conduct market and portfolio analysis to construct business models, leveraging strong financial skills
* Ability to develop, demonstrate and effectively communicate winning strategies to key stakeholders
* Demonstrated business judgment as well as familiarity with international business practices and two-tiered distribution model
* Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously and handling time-sensitive deadlines
* Bachelor s degree with MBA strongly preferred
Veritas Technologies enables organizations to harness the power of their information to drive business success, with solutions designed to serve the world s most complex environments.
Our solutions ensure that customer information is always within reach, while simultaneously protecting, maintaining, and managing IT infrastructure and mission critical applications across the hybrid cloud.
We work with 86 percent of Fortune 500 companies today, improving data availability and revealing insights to drive competitive advantage. The business generated over $2 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2016, and commands market leadership in markets that are estimated at $12 billion today..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.