Sr. Director of Category Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Sr. Director of Category Management will lead,
cultivate and support Dean Food s efforts in building a
High Performance, Best in Class Category Management Team
within the Dairy and Frozen categories.
* Develops and directs the execution of Category
strategies and leads alignment to Industry growth
challenges to build solid Valued Retailer &
Distributor Strategic Partnerships
* Initiate the strategic/conceptual positioning of
Dean Foods as the Dairy strategic thought leaders in
the industry across shelving and assortment growth
* Lead the Category Management team development &
direct the team s priorities, to become a high
performance team within the Dean Foods organization.
* Accountable for driving Dean Food s goals and
* Optimizes Vendor/Partner relationships to deliver
best practices category management support and meet
* Develop tailored best practices for Category and
Space Management process with training and support.
* Seek, lead, and develop implementation of Category
Management BIC tool set.
* Deploy Category Management strategy by working
closely with Marketing, Insights, HQ & Field
Leadership Sales Teams and our Category Management
* Develop the Category Management strategy that is
aligned to the brand initiatives and communicate it
for execution to the Dean Foods Category Management
team and Field Sales Teams team.
* Work with cross functional partners to develop
effective Distribution, Shelf placement, & growth
* Act as a liaison between key Corp functions (Market
Development, Brand Marketing, & Strategy) & the
Category Management team.
* Responsibility for leading and developing the core
category and macro shopper strategy for Dean Foods
brands to a category management strategy.
* Ensures that the Category Management team members
have the skills and resources needed to execute the
* Accountable for creating and leading the strategic
brand plan leveraging customer strategy, category
strategy and shopper insights, translating to a path
* Work with Brand Marketing, Insights and respective
customer team(s) to correctly define and prioritize
shopper-understanding needs on the basis of a
sustainable growth opportunity.
* Ensure all research is designed and analyzed in such
a way that it is easily translated into usable
insight by a non-technical audience i.e. selling
platforms or defense decks.
* Create a sales information capability that drives
greater sales organization effectiveness and space
management best practices.
* Leverage consumer learning into Shopper & Category
Insights that drives and aligns to strategic
customer plans and results. In partnership with
Consumer Insights this position will also conduct
primary research as necessary in support of above
* Management of the Category Management Tools Budgets
* Leads, creates, and or complements impactful selling
stories that use fact based data and insights around
key selling opportunities, highlighting business
opportunities and threats by applying a variety of
senior level Category Management skill sets. This
role will provide indispensable analytical acumen to
the efforts toward achieving Dean Food s business
objectives and Retailer Partnerships.
* Develops and communicates the strategic shopper
learning that will earn Dean Food s the reputation
among retailers of being a bona fide shopper expert
among other Dairy companies and that will enable
Dean Food s to influence significantly and favorably
by the retail merchandising and marketing of its
* Crafts compelling, factual, Insight-based "cases for
customer action" that enables Dean Food s to achieve
its goals at retail while delivering incrementally
to the retailer.
* Helps design and implement category strategies that
identify genuinely shared opportunities for
incrementality across the category within a retailer
and across retailers in a market
* Seek where needed the custom research & execution
support for develop and grow customer teams that
tie to Dean Food s growth opportunities
* Bachelor s degree required, MBA preferred
* At least 10 years sales analysis/category management
* CPG experience (preferably dairy or other grocery)
* Strong presentation, platform and communication
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* An understanding of fact-based solution selling and
category management best practices.
* Demonstrated analytical acumen, particularly with
shipment, IRI or Nielsen scanner, household panel,
space management, Spectra and primary consumer data.
* Adept in syndicated data retrieval and database
manipulation and organization
* Ability to work collaboratively with Marketing,
C&SI, National Accounts, Field Sales and Finance
* Strategic thinker with a bias toward action
* Excellent organizational and project management
skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to create structure and process where it
currently does not exist
* Able to operate effectively in a lean organization
with limited resources
* Sets an example of personal integrity, trust,
dignity, respect, and diversity of thought
* 50% travel
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.