Sr. Director of Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director of Strategy and Business Development serves as the strategic/operations executive to the business unit president to
facilitate overall professional objectives and business goals. This position is responsible for direction of the business, delegation and
execution of projects, and oversight of the day-to-day operations and rhythm of the business . This position incorporates four primary
areas of responsibility: Strategy, Business Development, Chief of Staff, and Operations.
Serve as right-hand of the business unit (BU) President and the strategic champion for the BU, interfacing between
Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, Online, and Retail Services to drive profitable growth of the BU
* Partners with BU president and cross-functional teams to develop high level vision, strategic goals, and supporting tactics and
* Drives the business unit short- and long-term strategic planning process to establish and implement process to monitor and drive
execution of all strategic priorities with owners and stakeholders
* Reviews and analyzes strategic priorities and the Profit and Loss (P&L) to achieve success (meet/beat timing, financial plan)
* Identifies and evaluates opportunities to improve BOP and expand the reach of the business, internally and externally
* Explores new retail sales formats, partners, brands, services, and customer experiences.
* Leads development of business cases for all new opportunities
* Owns BU level communication and reporting to Senior Management /Holding Company
* Leads planning and preparation for Board Meetings
* Manages relationships and communication between BU and Senior Management across SHC / Holding Company
* Monitors financial and operational metrics of business performance. Drive team to make adjustments as feasible and necessary to
meet financial targets.
* Works with merchant team to ensure store-level operations are on track, including
* Performs other duties as assigned