Sr. Director of Total Rewards 8/26/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Auto req ID
Sr. Director of Total Rewards
Firm - Philadelphia
Morgan Lewis and Bockius is currently looking for a Sr. Director of Total Rewards.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Senior Director of Total Rewards will be responsible for developing a cohesive Total Rewards strategy to lead and design compensation, benefits and recognition systems and processes. He/she provides a focal point of contact between the Compensation, Health & Welfare, Retirements and the Regional and Office Human Resources, HR Operations as well as other Centers of Expertise within the Human Resources organization and the internal clients we support.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage the teams responsible for Firm-wide compensation, retirement and health and welfare.
* Develop a total rewards strategy by researching best practices and trends and perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness, and perceived value of existing compensation and benefits programs. Present findings and creative solutions to key stakeholders.
* Develop and implement effective processes to create clarity and a positive employee experience.
* Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding benefits and compensation.
* Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective team; delegates at appropriate level.
* Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
* Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ensuring collaboration between the compensation and benefits teams with other COEs, HRBPs and other organizations in planning, design and delivery of new programs or program changes
* Oversee benefits renewal and enrollment processes and manage relationships with benefits consultants and vendors.
* Provide leadership and direction while ensuring the deployment of compensation programs (including annual salary planning/merit increases process, salary structures, etc).
* Ensure the programs are market competitive and aligned with our culture and business goals and consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
* Interface with HR Systems and/or HR Operations on compensation related systems, requirements and tools.
* Support the development of a total rewards program strategy as it relates to Healthcare Benefits, Retirement Benefits Wellness, Voluntary Programs and Leave & Absence Management.
* Design, maintain and update as needed a benefits strategy that is fully aligned with the objectives of the company s business plan, is fiscally responsible, market competitive, and supports the attraction and retention of high performing talent.
* Oversee benefits renewal and enrollments processes and manage relationships with benefits consultants and vendors.
* The incumbent of this job is responsible for managing subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Total Rewards department. He/she is also responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
* a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university,
* Minimum 15 years of experience, including 10 years in a leadership role
or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Technical skills
* Written communication skills
* Verbal communication skills
* Customer service skills
* Supervisory skills
* People management skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Leadership skills
* Strategic thinking
* Project management skills
* Budgeting experience
* Planning/organizational skills
* Problem solving skills
* Experience managing Total Rewards compliance issues, policy development, and implementation of new compliance policies to meet local, state, national, and regional governing laws.
* Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
* Ability to analyze complex, technical, professional, or legal documents, government regulations or financial reports, respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from clients or regulatory agencies, and effectively present information on complex or controversial topics to senior management or clients.
* Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts).
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Recommended but not required: CCP, GRP, CBP preferred
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting Careers.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.