Sr ECO Import Agent S2-1001180BR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Hourly rate: $14.26 min per hour to $22.29 max per hour
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION - TRAINING PROVIDED
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned: arrange for the release of FedEx express shipments from custom's custody and complete all types of classification activities, process FedEx express caged shipments to ensure timely release, performs audits and quality referral functions.
Job Specific Information:
* This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned: arrange for the release of FedEx Express shipments from custom's custody and complete all types of classification activities.
* Process FedEx Express caged shipments to ensure timely release, performs audits and quality referral functions.
* Analyzes documentation to determine admissibility and arrange for the type of release required with customs FTN and FedEx Express systems.
* Researches entries on customs reports, such as the bo8/late filed cf7501's, b35/misdeliveries, and bo7/acs rejected entries to determine error ownership, provide comments, penalty impact, FTN savings, and actions required bringing the entries into compliance.
* Interacts with various FTN teams, FedEx Express and CBP port office/hub via email, letters or telephone in getting problematic entries resolved.
* Assists with nrtc (no reason to cage) review weekly review in cross referencing with rcd's and job aids.
* Performs prior disclosures, qa referrals, etc.
* Contact customers in a professional manner, advising them of all duties and fees payable to customs for clearance of their merchandise. Clearly inform customers of 24-hour requirement for response if changes to entry are requested.
* Completes all audit activities assigned in an accurate and timely manner.
* Completes the classification of imported merchandise by determining the proper tariff classification and associated duty rate and calculating the entered value using t/b and FedEx Express systems.
* Completes a daily performance report on classification and related activities.
* Ensures files are completed accurately and timely according to customs regulation, oga (i.e. fda) and FedEx contract specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Requires: High school diploma/GED. Two (2) years of business experience or two (2) years of college credits preferred.
* Working knowledge of customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules and special tariff treatment programs preferred. Ability to analyze data & information and to make sound decisions in a time sensitive atmosphere.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills to work with internal and external customers. Effective organizational skills.
* Ability to complete multiple duties and meet multiple deadlines. Experience with and the ability to process a high volume of incoming information via image, hardcopy, phone and fax to meet specific time schedules.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.