Sr Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMilwaukee Tool (Milwaukee) is seeking an experienced engineer to join our Power Tool Electronics Design - New Product Development team.
Day in the Life
As an Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical leadership, direction, guidance and engineering expertise to colleagues and other cross-functional teams.
* Establish and drive test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
* Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
* Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
* Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
* Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes while identifying and driving continuous improvement projects.
* Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
* Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
* Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware (C) while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
* Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
* Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
* Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
* Provide expertise and engineering support on high-level complexity projects.
* Identify engineering trends and drive strategies to guide the organization's technical direction.
* Apply a manufacturing mindset to designs in order to effectively and efficiently mass produce products while using expertise to elevate the entire team.
* Quickly identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems in order to resolve in a high urgency environment.
* Manage firmware platforms and drive continuous improvement in firmware development practices and processes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field. Master's degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in related design field.
* Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
* Ability to travel 5% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
* High interest in tools of the trade.
* Expertise in C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
* Expertise in analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, especially related to signal integrity, noise analysis, and margin considerations.
* Expertise in power electronics circuit design and control.
* Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.
* Ability and drive to continue digging for root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted.
* High level of attention to detail in order to provide technical confidence products are ready for mass production.
* High level of knowledge of firmware architecture and codebase re-use methodology.