Sr Electrical Engineer - Medivcal Devices
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Coastal Group
San Antonio, TX
This position will provide technical leadership and guidance for the design and development of electronic instruments related to product lines. In particular they will be responsible for High Frequency surgical equipment. Additionally they will assist the manufacturing group with the evaluation and resolution of technical problems and provide sustaining engineering support, to maintain current production and to reduce production cost of existing products.
* Function as a lead technical resource for electronic instrument products.
* Design, prototype and develop analog and digital electronic circuits and support hardware used within instrument products.
* Perform project management activities, which include schedule, budget, and cross departmental resource planning and leadership
* Investigate new technologies that could be used in future products
* Investigate instrument failures from field returns in order to understand failure mechanism and institute design changes to improve product reliability.
* Provide continuous engineering support on assigned products to maintain and improve cost, margin, performance and quality.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's in Engineerpreferred.
A minimum 10 years of electronic design experience.
Medical device experience preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Need to be able to make rapid and sound decisions.
* Good knowledge of MS Office Suite; good knowledge of schematic capture software; knowledge of PCB layout software
* Be able to work with people at all levels of organization.
* Thorough understanding of FDA and MDD design control requirements for electronic and software controlled devices.
Knowledge of IEC/UL 60601-1; knowledge of IEC 60601-2-2 preferred.