Sr. Electrical Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Client is the commercial leader in vertical controlled environment agriculture and is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 10+ years of experience.
The successful candidate will be charged with making detailed drawings of as built equipment designs for large-scale equipment constructed at one of our New Jersey premises. The Electrical Engineer will also be responsible for scaling the electrical design of this equipment for larger sizes while maintaining compliance with all electrical codes and keeping costs to a minimum. The Electrical Engineer will also assist a controls engineer with the layout of sensors and PLCs.
* Develops electrical designs by studying customer requirements: researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
* Research and analyze problem statements; create and conduct experiments; brainstorm innovative solutions
* Work with project managers to set realistic schedules and deliverable requirements
* Develop complete electrical drawing designs using AutoCad Electrical (or equal) schematics, interconnect diagrams; network diagrams, panel layouts and bill of materials
* Specify and size all materials such as enclosures, circuit protection, control components and associated auxiliary panel components.
* Produce designs with minimal engineering input - i.e. sketches, notes, and vendor drawings
* Analyze customer specifications in order to design equipment consistent with customer requirements
* Maintain a workflow that ensures timely adherence to all deadlines
* Conducts and documents design reviews and risk analysis
* Develops and documents FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ protocols and troubleshooting
* Design to industry standards - i.e. UL 508A, NFPA 79, CE, CSA
* Support assembly during the production phase of the project
* Responsible for the planned financial performance, delivery, reliability, and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned.
* Travel as needed to customer sites and travel both domestically and internationally Qualification and Desired Skills and Experience
* 10+ years of experience with Electrical Engineering.
* Experience specifying controls and sensors for light manufacturing.
* Experience with food safety standards and sanitary design best practices.
* Experience with developing electrical or control portions of equipment in liquid/chemical processing.
* Demonstrated ability with laying out electrical designs using (AutoCad - or equal).
power background with any equipments *********, Electrical Design & autocad mastery********