Sr. Employee Relations Consultant (WA, CO, or MN based)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:* Individual must reside in WA, CO or MN
Provides Human Resource support to the stores organization in establishing and maintaining a strong associate relations environment. Work closely with district and store operations to plan and coordinate associate relations. Carries out implementation and execution of company and store programs. Conduct investigations of associate complaints, including the Problem Resolution Process and Hotline submissions. Act as neutral intermediary. This may include coaching associates (management and non-management) on how to handle a situation without HR intervention. Prepare investigative reports, PRP and Hotline responses. Manages and provides early intervention and support for the resolution of a variety of complex associate relations issues, including complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination. Takes pro-active steps to address situations or initiatives that may be perceived negatively by the associates, working with Store Managers and District Managers to enhance their abilities to recognize widespread situations and respond appropriately. Serve as a liaison and resource to management and associates by developing awareness of the purpose and intent of Office Depot policies relating to Human Resource practices. Communicate policy and procedure changes. Works as a centralized group to develop and enhance Office Depot policies. Provide advice and guidance to Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers and Store Managers on associate disciplinary issues, to include documentation (PRP, PCD, RODs and/or action plans and follow-up) and coaching on how to manage the conversations in alignment with Office Depot values. May provide feedback regarding RVPs, DMs and SMs in handling ER issues as a basis of evaluating leadership skills for talent management conversations. Support management with employment law compliance, including ADA issues, leaves of absence, and EEO. Document ADA interactive process. Support management in creating an environment that remains union-free through positive associate relations, including conducting management training. Will give direction and assistance in handling union activity that may occur, i.e. union pamphlet found in location. Works with employment law team to respond to EEOC, DOL and other legal claims. Represents the Company in mediations, depositions and other legal processes. Act as a resource to the large associate population to include directing associates or managers to the appropriate areas for resolution (e.g. refer to internal customer assistance line for reporting of an LOA or payroll for payroll inquiries.) Act as a liason between the the Store management team and associates, and functional areas such as Legal, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Strategic Staffing, etc., serving as key source for information as it relates to the retail organization.
- May conduct focus groups or reach out to other HR business professionals to assist in the resolution of escalated Employee Relations issues.
- Will partner with NAR management and/or legal on termination recommendations / decisions and provide guidance on the appropriate termination documentation, conversations and processes. Other duties, as assigned. Qualifications:- Business, HR, or related Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.)
- Four to Seven years of experience and/or training in Employe Relations or general HR experience. Other Information:- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Lominger competencies:- Decision quality
- Managerial courage
- Conflict management
- Influencing others
- Customer Focus
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Sizing up people
- Problem solving
- Dealing with ambiguity- Other:- In depth knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English
- Positive, upbeat attitude; excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask; good listener; comfortable with remote management; ability to travel; flexible and open to change Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .