Sr. Engineer, Furnishings (Job #1298)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides all levels of engineering drawings related to interior cabin furnishing and components in support of VIP aircraft completions. Mentors other engineers on department techniques and processes.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops advanced level design data packages for interior cabin furnishing in support of VIP aircraft completions.
2. Utilizes airworthiness requirements and the project specification to create drawings.
3. Creates and reviews engineering drawings, specifications, service bulletins, reports, etc.
4. Performs research and design relating to the production of engineering drawings necessary for installation and completion of custom aircraft interiors.
5. Prepares advanced level interior cabin furnishings reports, Engineering Authorizations (EA's), drawings, and EO's.
6. Develops advanced level interior cabin furnishings modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
7. Mentor and train less experienced engineers within department to increase overall efficiency of department.
8. Identifies discrepancies and/or problems with drawings before releasing to production and implements correction action to ensure the timely release.
9. Provides advanced level technical support and engineering disposition in order to resolve aircraft engineering/interior cabin furnishing problems.
10. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve complex issues.
11. Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
12. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Structural Aerospace Engineering or comparable.
2. 8+ years' experience in Furnishings, Design or Structural Engineering.
3. Familiarity with the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
2. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) governing aircraft certification Preferred.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
4. Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD required); Solidworks Preferred.
5. Aviation background and electrical systems experience required.
6. Strong knowledge of industry mechanical systems and documentation standards.
7. Experience with electrical systems and components.
8. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
9. Strong time-management and organizational skills.