Silicon Photonics Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
We are searching for Silicon Photonics Design Engineers to engage in the research and development of silicon photonics integrated circuit technology. Based at our Madison Avenue office, the incumbents will take responsibility for the development process for complex photonic devices or systems-on-chip, from design through fabrication, testing and analysis.
As a member of our silicon photonics design team, you ll be working alongside other experienced silicon photonics designers with strong records of delivering innovative photonic device designs and large-scale silicon photonics circuits.
We value diversity in our people and are open to candidates with various level of experience. Of particular importance to us are the ability and desire to learn and to take initiative, as well as the drive to work very hard with similarly motivated people.
* Lead or support the design of active and passive photonic devices and/or complex photonic integrated circuits and systems.
* Develop new design approaches, and innovate on both device-level design and system-level optimization.
* Interact with fab partners.
* Contribute to test development and lead the test data analysis of your devices to correlate design with measurements.
* Collaborate with all other functional teams in the organization to deliver co-designed and co-optimized photonics systems.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering / physics / applied physics / similar quantitative fields.
* Solid programming skills in Python or C/C++.
* Good understanding of general concepts in physics, especially in optics or electromagnetics.
* Strong understanding of general concepts in fiber optics and integrated optics.
* Experience with designing or characterizing silicon photonic or other integrated optical/optoelectronic devices or circuits.
* Proficiency with optics design tools, such as Lumerical.
* Experience in photonic integrated circuit design, modeling and layout.
* Solid numerical and physics-related programming skills.
* Experience with high-frequency design and modeling.
* Experience in TCAD modeling.
* Experience with epitaxial growth and design.
* Experience with controls theory and implementation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Coriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.