Sr Engineer, RF Deployment A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Manager, Engineering RF Deployment Alternative Coverage SolutionsDescriptionManages a market team of managers and individual contributors responsible for RF optimization and design of LTE/UMTS, and DAS network. Works closely with other market managers in the market to help ensure alignment for the market and that each department is supported. Responsible for supporting the sales organization and addressing customer affecting issues. Responsible for setting annual and quarterly goals for the team. Conducts quarterly performance reviews and provides realtime coaching and mentoring.Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.QualificationsMinimum Required
* Ability to direct resources according to established policies and management guidelines; ability to lead and conduct planning/resource management.
* Solid understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) Planning Tools and the Site Design Process.
* Strong LTE/UMTS Base Station Subsystem/Optimization knowledge.
* Ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain the support required to accomplish team goals/tasks.
* Uses discretion during assessment of area goals and objectives; required to properly assess magnitude of issues, resource requirements, etc.
* Considers team diversity during coaching, work assignments, etc.
* Ability to determine proper information to provide to market RF staff. Ability to delegate, motivate people, problem-solve, troubleshoot, manage time, exercise authority, resolve conflicts.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask.
* Ability to plan schedules and prioritize workload.
* 3 years management experience and previous experience training others.
* 8-12 years' experience within the wireless industry.Desired
* Ability to create strategies and implement tactics in order to successfully achieve goals; ability to plan ahead to determine the needs of the team for achieving targets.
* Understand mapping tools, drive test data, Asset, Xplore, AIMS tool.
* RF Theory, antenna design and pattern, link balance, quality, capacity, traffic, hand-overs.
* Ability to solve problems using available tools; understand escalation procedures and use resources to resolve issues.
* Understanding of location based services.EducationMinimum Required
* Bachelors Degree. Technical degree
* In lieu of BS/BA degree equivalent experience in wireless industry may be considered.License or CertificationA clean driving record is required.Essential Functions
* Has Over-all responsibility for the design, optimization, and performance of the network and ensures consistency within the department. Works with subordinates to maximize coverage and capacity while minimizing cost. Organizes team for efficient execution against goals and objectives manages the relationship between the market, Region, and local departments in the market.
* Manages staffing of unit or department, including interviewing and selection. Manages subordinate RF Managers and/or all levels of RF Engineers. Uses the regional supplied goals to help set annual and quarterly goals for team to achieve market and regional KPI targets. Establishes operational assignments and work assignments for direct reports. Mentors staff to achieve personal and professional growth. Performs quarterly performance reviews and provides feedback.
* Interfaces with Sales and Customer care team. Provides support and technical assistance as necessary so the Sales and Care teams can best service our customers. Works with Sales on large scale prospects and provides all necessary support to add customers. Coordinates coverage plans with sales leadership to best align investment with opportunity.
* Supports Director with financial management.
* Works with federal, state and local jurisdictions to insure regulatory and zoning compliance.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .