Sr Engineer, SystDesign _n_ Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Sr. IP Network Engineer will participate as a member of the IP network engineering team for the design, engineering and implementation of a nation-wide IP network. The SR. Engineer will also be Responsible for Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile's Network. Perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services. Support Lab and FOA validation of these new services/platforms and ensuring a successful rollout. Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Experience in deploying large network backbones or integrating complex network technologies on a national basis. Strong Working Knowledgewithin one or more of the following areas:
- IP routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP, STP, HSRP, GLBP.Cisco router products and Cisco IOS, NXOS, IOS-XR (ASR9k, NCS6k)Layer 2 switching and bridging concepts.Security platforms including Checkpoint/Nokia or Checkpoint Crossbeam Firewall products System administration of Solaris/Linux including OS installation and hardware configuration.Sun and HP hardware.LTM and GTM experienceStrong understanding of DNSSAN systems including EMC, Fiber Channel, Cisco Storage Switches, Fiber ChannelFamiliarity with DC Power systems, and load determination.General proficiency with MS OfficePersonal Qualifications:
Demonstrated technical leadership Ability to think out-of-the box.Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions.Work with minimum supervision.Ability to present technical material to management and customer groups.Excellent written and oral communication skills.Experience in working within large cross functional teamsSystem Design:
Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- Support Network Validation:
Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features.
- SME support:
Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems when asked
- Understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Some experience with Technical Writing and presentation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Work with vendors to coordinate hardware solutions and troubleshoot/RMA hardware if needed.
- Be able to articulate the business drivers and to translate those requirements into a detailed network design.
- Ability to provide project scope, risk analysis and translate project requirements into strategic plans with minimal supervision.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and support and troubleshoot on various projects/technologies
- Managing installation efforts, coordinating documentation and scheduling work in accordance project schedulesWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .