Sr. Engineer w SQL, C# / OOP, MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Major Asset Management Financial Services Co.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB ID:STFSRCH00084781
JOB TITLE:Sr. Engineer w SQL, C# / OOP, MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery
POSTED FOR:Major Asset Management Financial Services Co.
SALARY RANGE:$120,000.00 to $170,000.00
LOCATION:New York, New York 10004
* A passion for simplifying and leaning out complex processes
* Strong desire to take ownership in helping to grow a great team and organization - everyone is responsible for bettering the team and themselves
* Self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude to continually improve existing applications as well a drive to create new ones
* Passion for learning and teaching colleagues the ways of automation through PowerShell
* Experience with asynchronous and concurrent processing is required
* Experiencedelivering successful applications through C#/OOP languages
* Knowledge of asynchronous task processing, multithreaded programming concepts required
* Experience with MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery frameworks a plus
* Proven track record supporting full-stack mission critical applications (in-house and3rd party vendors)
* Best practice/performance recommendations (IIS/SQL), incident management, outage resolution
* Comfortable administering a clustered SQL environment
* Work in a team oriented, source controlled, and continuous integration environment - we use Git and TeamCity for our deployments
* Microsoft - C# 4.0+, .NET 4.5+, SQL Server 2012+, Windows 2008R2+, Powershell
* Open Source - Ubuntu 14.04, Redis, RabbitMQ, SOLR, Python
Other - ActiveBatch, DataDog, TeamCity, Git
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements.
As a member of the Innovations & Infrastructure team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large.
Our application support team is looking to break the mold and reinvent the way infrastructure is handled in a traditional Windows environment. You should be the type of person that never wants to do the same thing by hand more than once and adept at thinking outside of the box to push forward inventive and scalable solutions. (What may work for a handful of servers may not scale well across a thousand servers.) As a contributor to this team, you will be taking an owner's share of SQL infrastructure through automated processes via Powershell, SQL Server and our centralized scheduling system. As an owner, you will be responsible for working together with the team to flush out business requirements, technical design, implementation, testing, release, and support. While the main role is primarily focused on SQL, you will also be expected to contribute in the normal day to day tasks of the team as well. Success on our team is measure through delivering scalable and robust automation solutions via thoughtful design and code. Additional responsibilities will include working on ad-hoc troubleshooting, break/fix work, and participation in an on-call rotation.
* Resolve ad-hoc requests from users
* Automation of solutions through user empowerment
* Challenge and vet requests to ensure compliance with our best practices
* Support mission critical applications (in-house .NET and3rdparty vendor)
* Outage/performance degradation resolutions
* Proactively identify issues and resolve them before users are impacted
* Participate in the change advisory board (risk mitigation/implementation advisement) and implement change requests
* Assist in production releases
* Contribute to firm-wide automation framework development
* Puppet, PagerDuty (or equivalent), etc
* Advise business groups to ensure best practices are met when releasing new applications
* Ensure availability and disaster recovery requirements are met
* Educate the team on how to properly support the application
* Grow yourself and the team by sharing new ways of doing things and challenging the status quo
* Constantly improve yourself by furthering and sharing your knowledge
* Continually challenge existing processes/workflows to streamline user experience
* Participate in an on-call rotation