Sr Engineering Program Manager (El Segundo or Santa Clara)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONARRIS is the worldwide provider of choice for broadband solutions in the home. Our Telco & Satellite CPE team develop DSL and fiber gateways for some of the largest service providers in the world. Come join our world class engineering team and help us further this experience to more people around the world
This position is responsible for leading the entire engineering CPE product development process from inception to end-of-life using waterfall and/or agile methods. Coordinate cross-functional teams and manage ODM/OEM partners. Establish project schedules, track, evaluate and report project performance against milestones and drive accountability. Plan strategically, analyze risks and proactively implement mitigation plans. Manage multiple projects concurrently, make decisions both independently and collaboratively and drive collaboration on cross-functional activities. Some domestic and international travel will be required. Basic Qualifications
Bachelor of Science degree in CS or Engineering
7 years of experience in Program Manager role preferable with CPE products and or consumer products.
* Strong technical background with excellent project management skills using waterfall and agile methods
* Outstanding analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills
* Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in a group environment
* Experience with managing product development in conjunction with ODM/OEM partners
* Strong background with the use of Microsoft Project
* Knowledge of xDSL, FTTx and CPE technologies for high volume, low cost solutions
* Experience and/or knowledge of ISO9000 or TL 9000 Quality Management Systems is beneficial
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.