Sr Engineers, SystDesign _n_ Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Position summaryT-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital GSM/GPRS, UMTS, and LTE wireless voice and data technology standards. Senior Engineers, Systems Design and Strategy located in Bellevue, Washington will lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver and deploy engineering platforms and services to market through organizing large scale technical analysis and architectural efforts spanning multiple departments.Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for end to end validation of IMS Applications and Service Delivery Platform in all phases of the software development lifecycle per business requirements.
- Capture logs on necessary systems, analyze content, and validate SOAP API and interfaces.
- Ensure that the delivered components provide the necessary functionality and perform in accordance with engineering requirements and business expectations.Develop acceptance test plans, prepare test data, execute tests that validate product specifications, and document test results.Responsible for the evaluation, lab testing, certification, and engineering conformance of the interworking nodes through the lab exit.
- Work with multiple teams, suppliers, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new products, and participate in product and service releases.
- Evaluate and manage daily test activities, spear-head any issues that arise from releases, and report on progress.
- Responsible for the administration of test control and statistics collection such as problem reporting and defect tracking.
- Members of the cross-functional teams the Senior Engineer, Systems Design and Strategy leads hold titles such as Senior Engineer, Systems Design and Strategy; Engineer, Systems Design and Strategy; Principal Engineer, Systems Design and Strategy; Senior Analyst, Enterprise Test Technology; and Senior Developer, Software Technology.
- Develop acceptance test plans which outline all the functionalities, per 3GPP, for key Wireless network Core Nodes such as SDG (Service Delivery Gateway), IAM (Identify Access Management), NSIM (Non SIM Platform), and CDB (Converged Database).
- Set up T-Mobile lab network nodes such as SDG, IAM, CDB, and NSIM with proper IP (Internet Protocol) connectivity and firewall rule definitions.
- Perform sanity, functional, and regression validation of key software and feature releases for wireless network nodes such as SDG, IAM, CDB, and NSIM; Raise defects on wireless nodes such as SDG, IAM, CDB, and NSIM with proper traces taken on the interfaces as defined by 3GPP.
- Support peripheral teams on packet core and IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystems) nodes to perform E2E Wireless Network validation.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .