Sr. Enterprise Application Specialist 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Sr. Enterprise Application Specialist is responsible for providing planning, implementation and support for complex Enterprise Applications. The Specialist works with users across many locations and sites in direct support of business needs.
They will be expected to 'own' assigned applications and understand capacity planning, monitoring, architecture and the implementation and configuration of customer requirements. Using a metric-driven / ownership-driven model the Senior Application Specialist is expected to be accountable for successful delivery and support of applications while working as an individual contributor or team lead. The resource provides technical direction to other team members in order to successfully manage, support, and optimize the application space.
As a Senior Enterprise Application Specialist the resource is responsible for both implementation delivery and the ongoing availability of assigned applications. This resource will work through problem and incident management to ensure issues are fully resolved by implementing proactive measures. Where appropriate this resource will escalate to Lead or Management resources to ensure success. The ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical team members is required.
Planning, change and lifecycle management skills are also required to facilitate successful implementation, governance and long-term support.
* Strategic Support of Enterprise Applications (20%)
* Operational Support of Enterprise Applications (30%)
* Drive Successful Delivery of Application Solutions (50%)
* 5years' experience in at least one of the following areas:
* Management Information Systems
* Computer Science
* Software Development
* Application implementation/Systems Engineering
* Application Architecture
* Solutions Architecture
* 3years leadership experience in leading technical teams and managing resources.
* Position requires ability to consistently work on-call rotation to provide support and problem escalation as required including evening and weekends.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc.
* Post-graduate work in computer science/MIS.
* Create written communication to IT, customers and coworkers
* Implementation of web applications and infrastructure in either Microsoft of UNIX-based technologies
* Knowledge of Development Operations (DevOps) and one or more automation platforms (Chef, Puppet Enterprise, Powershell DSC)
* Support for distributed systems
* Knowledge and understanding of supporting application infrastructure including directories (Active Directory, LDAP), load balancers (BigIP), operating systems (Linux, Windows) and databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
* Participation in Agile development projects and support of business developers
* Acting as a contributor toward application architecture, design, and development
* Supporting IT projects around reporting, print, storage, imaging and output
* Participant in management and planning around the software life cycle (upgrades, capacity planning, business continuity and DR, etc.)
* Providing infrastructure level software support
* Engaging and participating in ITIL processes
* Experience with major vendor software packages (examples include Office 365, Filenet, Cognos, Business Objects, Corticon, xPression, Documentum, Biztalk, Team Foundation Server)
* Specific experience with core Microsoft Technologies (Biztalk, Dynamics-CRM, Team Foundation Server, Office365, Sharepoint)