Sr. Environmental Product & Reporting Analyst
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Responsibilities:The Environmental Products & Reporting Sr. Analyst will play a key role in helping Office Depot minimize risks and maximize opportunities related to our green product assortment. Key objectives of the role include:
- Minimize legal and 'false advertising risks' based on inaccurate and inconsistent environmental information in catalogs, on websites and on packaging
- Maximize Office Depot opportunities to serve already significant and increasing customer demands for searching for environmentally preferable products and reporting based on specific customer requirements. Fulfill Office Depot's legal obligations to provide accurate, consistent, and up-to-date information on its products. Focusing specifically on products with environmental benefits that help large BSD customers such as Federal Government agencies adhere to their purchasing policies.
1. Fulfill Office Depot's legal obligations to provide accurate, consistent, and up-to-date information on its products. Focusing specifically on products with environmental benefits that help large BSD customers such as Federal Government agencies adhere to their purchasing policies.
2. Minimize administrative effort by merchants by liaising directly with National and Private Brand vendors to obtain, validate and maintain accurate environmental claims. This included positive claims (e.g. recycling content, forest certification, Energy Star etc.), and avoided negative (PVC-free, Low VOC, Reduced Mercury, Phthalate-free etc.), across all Office Depot channels. Ensure and track that accurate claims are also shown on national brand and private brand packaging - and are consistent across packaging, catalog and websites.
3. Support BSD and enable 'legally defensible' competitive claims by urgently completing a comprehensive list and database of Office Depot SKUs that meet one or more environmental attributes, standards or certifications.
4. Help minimize ongoing legal and customer risks by running regular data hygiene validation checks to ensure minimal inaccurate data across Office Depot channels. Minimize false advertising risks by coordinating with project teams as needed to manually verify consistency and audit environmental claims periodically across Office Depot channels. Based on project team findings, coordinate with catalog and web content teams to input accurate environmental data into item and global content tools, catalog and web sites.
5. Review every Catalog, Insert and Direct Mail piece created by Office Depot to verify accuracy of environmental claims and ensure logo compliance for certified products (e.g. Greenseal, FSC etc)
6. Cater to evolving customer demands by broadening the database of green products e.g. new attributes, new or revised standards, new or revised certifications, etc. (may require collecting new data on products, e.g. material type, environmental requirement met, source of fiber, etc.).
7. Minimize long term manual efforts and accuracy risks by working with item setup team to update current (incomplete/insufficient) IT/requirements for new data model & database reflecting environmental attributes, standards and certifications. Enable simplified entry of environmental data by launching new, comprehensive environmental vendor screens and item setup database.
8. Minimize administrative effort by merchants by fulfilling Office Depot obligations to third party certifiers (e.g. FSC, Greenseal, Ecologo, Greenguard, Energy Star etc.) by developing relationships with certifiers, obtaining product certification and / certification documentation from vendors,following logo use protocols on packaging, complying with certification rules and ensuring OD and vendor payment and contracts are completed.
9. Differentiate Office Depot by catering to specific environmental reporting needs of customers by assisting BSD to design and update green queries and reports . Qualifications:- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Previous experience working with product data, excel, IT, and reporting packages. Experience related to environmental products a major plus. Other Information:- Attention to detail, strong Excel skills
- Ability to create IT business requirements
- Ability to work effectively with merchants, vendors, and BSD reps
- Microsoft Office Suite Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .