Sr. Environmental Specialist 9/16/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership owning and operating one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. ETP's subsidiaries include Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company, LP (the successor of Southern Union Company) and Lone Star NGL LLC, which owns and operates natural gas liquids storage, fractionation and transportation assets. In total, ETP currently owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas and natural gas liquids pipelines. ETP also owns the general partner, 100% of the incentive distribution rights, and approximately 67.1 million common units in Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE:SXL), which operates a geographically diverse portfolio of crude oil and refined products pipelines, terminalling and crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Additionally, ETP owns approximately 51% of the limited partner interests in Sunoco LP (formerly Susser Petroleum Partners LP) (NYSE:SUN), a wholesale fuel distributor and convenience store operator. ETP's general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE:ETE).
- Administer and conduct activities for remediation projects.
- Assess and evaluate soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water site data.
- Select, design, install, test, and evaluate remediation systems.
- Supervise contractors, subcontractors, and field personnel.
- Conduct verification sampling to assess the progress of site cleanups.
- Prepare proposals and write remediation reports confirming the work done and that project objectives have been met.
- Manage contracts and budgets for remediation projects.
- Doing paperwork, analyzing data, and preparing reports
- Communicating on the phone and in meetings with operations and government departments, and presenting remedial action plans and recommendations
- Developing remediation models and plans, including preparing environmental applications, generating contracts, and managing budgets
- Researching remediation techniques and consulting with other remediation specialists and professionals
- Touring and inspecting sites
- Selecting installation locations and overseeing start-ups, operation, and decommissioning of structures and equipment
- Support operations and Environmental Compliance Specialist with waste options
- Minimum of a BS Degree in environmental science/geology/engineering or related field experience;
- 5 - 10 years' experience in a remediation related position;
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work and adaptable to changing due dates;
- Demonstrated organization, attention to detail and communication skills;
- Ability to manage work load independently and deliver timely and accurate results;
- Capable of working well under restricted timelines and in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service across all levels of the organization;
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Experience in Soil/groundwater sampling
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- Prior remediation experience in the oil and gas industry
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications