Sr. Escrow Officer Orange City, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Orange City, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Come work for Fortune 100 s Top Places to Work in 2016! We look for People First.
Do you love interacting with people and seeing them accomplish their American Dream in a team environment*
As a Sr. Escrow Officer you will be responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will complete real estate escrow transactions by assessing and resolving requirements; clearing titles; preparing, and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds all to lender specifications.
You may also assist in obtaining clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals along with the following:
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest and closing by recording and filing documents.
* Opens the most complex and large dollar size escrow transactions which meet the Bank s requirements.
* Follows regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements. This may include working with legal counsel.
* You may manage the larger escrow customers as their relationship manager; provide customer service and develop ongoing escrow referrals.
We are looking for people who can improve organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring chances to create valuable contributions to job accomplishments. You should have a passion maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations. A Sr. Escrow Officer is seen as a leader with valuable knowledge in the escrow field.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Specialized knowledge in one or more product areas.
* Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
* 5 years experience as an Escrow Officer, with 2+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions or in a related field
* FL Notary Required