This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 6/3/2017
The Senior Electrical Estimator will be primarily responsible for providing full estimating services on large, complex work including industrial projects, high voltage switchyards, substations, distribution and transmission.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates.
* Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, other bids, job reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures for estimates.
* Capable of working independently on bids.
* Prepare full-scope estimates on medium to large-scale projects, in a timely and accurate manner.
* Provide technical support to project personnel in preparing estimates for assigned bids.
* Ensure all documentation is maintained to support estimate figures.
* Provide conceptual estimates.
* Review estimates and proposals with Electrical Estimating Manager.
* Work with Business Development, Project Managers and Engineering as needed in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
* Secure best possible material and subcontracting costs by shopping and comparing prices.
* Maintain proposal status database (MAPP).
* Assist in front end planning transition.
* Perform additional responsibilities, as directed.
* Degree in Engineering, Construction Estimating, or related discipline desired.
* 5+ years experience in cost estimating and cost control in power generation industries.
* 3+ years management/supervisory experience with electrical construction, in particular, utility experience with high voltage systems, overhead distribution and transmission.
* Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines and cost control techniques.
* Ability to estimate all types and sizes of projects.
* Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal supervision.
* Strong knowledge of petrochemical, electrical utilities and power generation industries.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and good organizational skills.
* Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ACCUBID and scheduling software.
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Job may require periodic travel to job sites. Job may require temporary assignment to job sites, if needed.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at moderate skill level. Must be able to manage occasional heavy workloads and quick turnaround times on estimates. Occasional overtime may be required to provide estimates by requested dates.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.