Sr. Estimator 9/8/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a winning team Looking to work on projects from 5MM to 1MM. Do you have between 2-1 years of total GC side experience estimating commerical projects such as Hi Rise, Mid Rise, Healthcare, Casino, Governmental, Parks and schools If so, we want to hear from you.
MUST HAVE CONCEPTUAL ESTIMATING EXPERIENCE.
The Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimating the most complex and large-scale jobs, including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in Estimating, or equivalent
* Computer skills.
* Working knowledge of Excel spread sheets, and Word processing programs.
* Experience with estimating software such as Timberline, OST, MC2.
* Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing.
* Actively participate as a team member.
* Work effectively with all colleagues and constituents.
* Possess and understand Suffolk's core values, goals, and vision.
* Detail oriented.
* Time management skills.
* Sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude.
* Take ownership of projects/clients managing both up and down.
* Able to work with minimal direction.
* Problem solving skills.
* Able to work with speed and efficiency.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Award winning Top ENR.