Sr. Facilities Technician (Electrician)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Plan, layout and install conduit, electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures according to job specifications and NEC codes. Diagnose and repair malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components, fire sprinklers and extinguishers. Maintain records and prepares reports on electrical equipment serviced, installed, maintained and repaired. Performs periodic or special inspections of the premises to determine necessary repair work. Keeps an inventory of spare parts, electrical components, building materials and components to ensure their availability. Responds to daily maintenance requests. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals. Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electromechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, air conditioning, vacuum and electrical systems. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Working knowledge of facility electrical distribution systems ranging from 120 volts to 480 three phase circuits, air conditioning, air compressors, dehumidifiers, lighting, etc. Maintains up-to-date drawings and schematics of all systems in the plant. . Performs a wide variety of skilled work across multiple construction trades such as carpentry, drywall repairs, plumbing, flooring repairs, door adjustments and repairs. Will maintain records and prepares reports on preventative maintenance activities performed on HVAC, dehumidification systems Makes periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine necessary repair work. Follows safe practices, safety policies and procedures (Lock-out, Tag-out, Arc-Flash, PPE), and practices good housekeeping in performing all work. Assists the Facilities Manager with the coordination of activities of outside contractors performing work at the facility. Must be willing and able to respond to emergency calls during off-hours and weekends.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years in industrial maintenance and construction trades.
* A well rounded knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used within the electrical trade.
* Ability to troubleshoot, inspect, repair, replace, service and maintain existing electromechanical and electrical systems and associated equipment including conduit runs, light and power circuits, motors, control equipment, light fixtures and panels.
* Experience with facility electrical distribution systems ranging from 120 volts to 480 three phase circuits, air conditioning, air compressors, de-humidifiers, lighting, etc.
* Ability to troubleshoot, inspect, repair, replace, service and maintain electrical systems associated with equipment including air compressors, air dryers, dehumidifiers, cooling towers, etc.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and understand blueprints, electrical schematics and assembly drawings of mechanical equipment.
* Experience with proper chemical handling and ability to read MSDS.
* Must be able to read and understand written and/or verbal instructions in English.
* Good mechanical aptitude and reading, writing, mathematical and reasoning abilities appropriate to the position.
* Ability to maintain necessary records/documents of maintenance work performed.
* Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities and duties.
* Ability to operate forklifts and other powered equipment.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Able to work within a team environment and be able to adapt to changes in work requirements.
* Candidate must be able to move and lift up to 45 lbs
* Must be able to perform general physical activities common to the electrical trade (i.e.walking, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, kneeling, squatting, stooping, and handling of materials).
* Normal vision or correction to 20/20 including color vision.
* Work atop ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Electrician's California State Certification card required.
* Vocational training in electrical preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.