Sr. Field Claims Representative - Auto
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/18/2016
National General Insurance Company
This position is responsible for creating a basic estimate of damages to 1st and 3rd party material damage claims.
* Will handle total loss assignments
* Examines material damage claims and settles within limit of authority
* Claims involved may require analysis and occasionally require research to resolve damage issues
* Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and current policyholders. Also responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants
* Identifies customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
* For all duties and responsibilities, incumbent will take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder and/or loss participant
* Studies and successfully completes the Training Program including but not limited to claims pictorials, company orientation, company prepared training programs, outside courses as deemed appropriate, and on-the-job training
* Learns to handle most aspects of auto, RV and motorcycle claims
* Develops a basic understanding of the content of all types of policies written by the company. Develops a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
* Learns how to determine subrogation or fraud potential and how to handle
* Receives claim assignments and documents all appropriate information
* Inspects damaged property and completes appropriate reports
* Evaluates settlement alternatives by reviewing regulatory compliance and fair claims practices; makes decisions on best option
* When appropriate, makes contact to discuss a settlement; extends an offer to appropriate party; documents all file activity and payment/settlement information in file notes clearly outlining basis for settlement.
* Performs other duties as directed
* Develops basic knowledge of claims process. Successfully completes claim representative trainee program, or equivalent business experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of relevant work experience
Relevant experience includes Claims or Customer Service experience that required the ability to think critically, problem solve, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing * Obtaining/Maintaining appropriate licensing and/or educational requirements
* Demonstrates customer service and time management skills, and enhances through training classes as part of the trainee program
* Learns to recognize and identify all body parts of a vehicle and/or understanding other potential property damages
* Develops understanding of claim policies & procedures; refers questions to supervisor
* Learns to interpret and apply written coverage accurately to establish claim
* Develops ability to handle material damage and fair judgement in repair/replace decisions
* Develops labor judgment skills and learns to complete simple estimates accurately
* Develops ability to handle some comprehensive losses (theft, fire, and vandalism) with direction from more experienced personnel
* Develops a basic understanding of the functions of other departments, such as Policy Ops and Marketing
* Field Reps will have completed Vehicle Estimatics as part of the trainee program. Develops general knowledge of automated estimating
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.