Sr. Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Annapolis Junction, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Financial AnalystJob ID:
Sr. Financial Analyst Location:
Annapolis Junction, MD Job Code:
CN20162408-13765 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator that creates mission-critical solutions that connect, inform and protect the world. The company's advanced technology provides information and insight to customers operating in demanding environments from ocean to orbit and everywhere in between. Harris has approximately $8 billion in annualized revenue and supports customers in 125 countries through four customer-focused business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:
We are seeking a self-motivated financial analyst to perform analysis of government contract financials. Main responsibilities include:* Participates in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and/or assists in advanced financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, cost-volume-profit analysis, and variance analysis.
* Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
* Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
* Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
* Participates in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
* Prepares the pricing information for government and commercial estimates and proposals including authoring cost volumes. Qualifications:* 7+ years directly related experience with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a similar field of study.
* Must have strong analytical skills including advanced Microsoft Excel, an attention to detail, good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work in a high paced environment with minimum supervision.
* Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR
* Active Top Secret clearance, and ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance required. Preferred Skills* Knowledge of JAMIS, Business Objects, and Earned Value Management experience are a plus. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Finance Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - MD - Annapolis Junction .