Sr. Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Sales Finance Financial Analyst
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced financial analyst to support our Worldwide Sales Finance group. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the Finance world at a fast-growing communications company. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Sales Finance and support key leadership across Sales, Business Units, and Finance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities-
* In general, manage and understand the end to end Booking Process from sales opportunities, to valuation approval to fully executed deals recorded in Oracle.
* Drive/Support the booking valuation pipeline and lead the review and approval of submitted booking valuations. Develop and maintain system generated valuation status reporting as well as key valuation metrics.
* Assist with month/quarter-end close process, journal entries and booking classification reporting. Reconcile booking forecast to preliminary and final system reported booking to ensure completeness and accuracy. Preform quarterly credit worthy analysis and consolidate/analyze 3 year on demand value. Execute quarterly booking related internal and SOX controls.
* Support quarterly financial reporting of bookings for Sales EVP, external auditors, Board of Directors and Investor Relations packages.
* Partner with commission team to ensure bookings are accurately reflected in commission tool (Xactly). Research discrepancies with Order Management and BU Finance teams.
* Key Process Owner of Booking Reporting System (GoodData), including developing and maintaining of reports and dashboard.
* Support cross functional booking improvement projects including process change, system improvements and development of backlog and booking to revenue conversion reporting.
* Maintain Booking Policy Guide and provide quarterly training of established policies and procedures.
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in financial planning or sales analysis/operations experience and in roles requiring problem solving/analytic skills, project management and presentation skills required.
* Ability to work cross-functionally is critical to the success of this role.
* Comfortable wearing multiple hats, ranging from leading finance discussions to working with data to provide thoughtful analysis
* Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
* Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations
* Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous improvement
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to develop moderately complex financial and operational models using spreadsheets and database software
* Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
* Expert level in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required
Preferred Skills- Oracle ERP, Hyperion, SFDC, GoodData skills preferred; prior revenue recognition knowledge is a plus.
Education- Bachelors of Business Administration; MBA a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.