Sr. Financial Analyst, Business Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Directs and performs financial analysis, modeling and reporting activities to support short-term and long-range strategic plans and operating budgets of Cox Communications Customer Experience. Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, and analyzes trends in OPEX, CAPEX, operations, general business conditions, and other related areas. Identifies performance issues and makes recommendations to management for remedial actions.
Prepares and distributes periodic financial analyses and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Productive professional contributor with strong understanding of area of focus. Assigned to larger, moderately complex projects. Work requires increasing independence; guidance is provided on a regular basis but primarily on unusual or complex issues. Work typically involves periodic review of output by others. Moderate to Expert level of Excel proficiency.
* Conducts research and analysis of financial data needed in planning, budgeting/forecasting, cost control, cost avoidance and development of metrics to provide informed recommendations to leadership across CCI Customer Experience and Business Operations in setting and realizing cost objectives, and identifies emerging financial trends; The primary client for this position is CCI Customer Experience.
* Performs ad-hoc financial analyses at multiple levels of complexity which may include calculations of rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, and financial and expense performance comparisons.
* Develops, maintains, and provides historical and prospective financial information and analyses.
* Creates, tests, distributes and tracks business cases/financial models, reports and dashboards. Recommends and implements changes; analyzes and reviews submitted data and resolves questions and/or problems.
* Prepares regular and special financial reports for Cox Communications Customer Experience.
* Assists in the development and measurement of annual budget and business planning process including the identification of trends and the development of measures to ensure budgets are followed.
* Develops and modifies financial systems and corporate models related to budgets, forecasts, and capital expenditures.
* Develops and modifies financial reports for executive management.
* Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
* At higher levels, may develop analytical tools and numerical modeling of complex operations systems and processes.
* Works cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders for delivery of analyses and projects. Specifically working with stakeholders across Field Services, Care, Product Finance, Business Operations, IT and FP&A.
* Supervision: Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues; Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct customers' of the process.
* 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
* 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
* Proficient in SQL Server (and familiarization with writing SQL).
* Skilled in financial modeling, creating business cases, and data analysis.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
* MBA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
* Familiarity with data query/data management tools in addition to SQL extremely helpful (Access, Tableau, Business Objects).
* Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization:Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor