- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sr Financial Analyst
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Sr. Financial Analyst located in Denver, CO. In this position, you will be partnering with the commercial business leaders to improve business performance and sales margins through detailed customer and product analysis. This position will support product management and sales, while working closely with customer service, financial planning and analysis, operations finance, and business leadership. The role will plan, execute, measure, and help to optimize the performance of multiple Engineered Products (EP) market portfolios.Johns Manville (JM), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, employs approximately 350 people at its downtown headquarters in areas such as finance, human resources, legal, corporate affairs, and information technology. JM has more than 40 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. In addition, JM has technical centers in five locations around the globe, with its main center located in Littleton, Colorado.Responsibilities:
- Partner with commercial business leaders by identifying and communicating opportunities and risks within the business portfolio.
- Lead the monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and long-term strategic planning processes for the assigned EP market portfolio.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, critical thinking and disciplined problem solving skills essential.
- Ensure data integrity of monthly commercial numbers. Identify any issues when they occur, work with the appropriate stakeholders, and correct promptly.
- Responsible for preparing month end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for complex profit margin and pricing analysis. Provide financial leadership by preparing and presenting financial analysis and variance explanations.
- Initiate process improvements and drive to successful implementation.
- Assist with product line business case preparation that aligns to strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for calculation, communication, and execution of sales compensation plans.
- Expert finance contact for system flow, tie together the billing system and quality notification system to the general ledger.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial analyst and/or cost accounting experience.
- Strong financial acumen, analytical, problem solving, data management and business partnership skills required.
- Excellent analytical and business modeling skills.
- Highly skilled in utilizing Excel for analysis and building decision models.
- Must be energetic, forward thinking, creative and self-motivated.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline sensitive.
- Must be able to manage projects while handling the day-to-day.
- Ability to handle confidential dataAdditional consideration given for:
- Experience with SAP.
- 1-2 years' experience in general ledger accountingWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.