Sr Financial Analyst Job
Coventry Health Care - Bethesda, MD
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Coventry's Corporate Medicaid Finance group is seeking an experienced Senior
Financial Analyst to join our team. Our team conducts complex technical analysis
and economic research to report on the Company's future and current operational
and financial performance. Analyzes trends and variances. Generates and presents
timely and accurate reports and recommendations to management.
- Evaluates complex financial and utilization information for analysis including
but not limited to risk-share reconciliation, specialty capitation contracts,
utilization statistics, medical expenses, group revenues, cash flows, operating
results, and business plans. Interprets trends to identify variances and causes
of variances. Reports analysis to management.
- Develops and implements the methods used to build models required for
consistent reporting of risk-share reconciliation, specialty capitation
contracts, market expansion studies, and related projects.
- Performs financial due diligence as needed and makes recommendations regarding
viability of potential acquisitions. Analyzes transactions for acquisitions and
determines allocation of purchase price.
- Coordinates the analysis of hospital, volume-tiered reconciliation.
- Analyzes actual versus projected rating assumptions on large dollar cases.
Performs actuarial and rating analysis.
- Reviews provider contracts, analyzes risk pools, and prepares provider
- Performs special projects and other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree or CPA preferred.
- Previous (5-7 years) directly related financial analysis experience.
- Significant knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting principles,
applications, and systems.
- Thorough understanding of managed care industry requirements. Knowledge of
government programs (Medicaid preferred).
- Proficient with database software, spreadsheet software, SQL to database
queries and accounting systems.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and report writing skills required.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we
are committed to building a talented and diverse team.