Sr. Financial Analyst R&D Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose:
The Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, R&D Finance, will play a key role in providing financial support to the R&D function across multiple sites, including cost / project accounting, monthly close activities, financial analysis and business partnering.
* Assist in monthly close activities including accrual development, preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of timely monthly management reporting, including detailed, in-depth variance analysis and commentaries
* Assist with the identification and execution of process improvement projects
* Assist in supporting internal and external audit requests
* Support accurate accrual management and financial monitoring of multiple Clinical Trials
* Support Budgeting, Forecasting and Monthly Reporting Cycles across all R&D functions
* Cost / Project Accounting Activities management of cost center and project costs
* Financial analysis activities to support decision making and generate cost saving ideas to meet targets
* Ad hoc financial analysis / data / reporting requests relating to R&D Finance
* Participation in Clinical Trial / Project Review meetings, assist in providing monthly financials, forecasts and budgets to Trial / Project teams
* Assist in the continuous training of R&D functional staff to educate and understand financials
* Preparation of monthly functional reporting packages to R&D budget owners
* Monthly functional reviews with R&D budget owners
* Bachelors degree in Finance / Accounting related field, 4+ years in similar financial environment
* Pharmaceutical / Manufacturing industry experience desirable
* Strong systems and software skills - advanced Excel skills a must, prior experience with SAP desired
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Ability to work with all levels of employees from multiple disciplines and locations
* Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, works well, both independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
* Strong problem solving skills
* Must be both very detail oriented and have the ability to consider the big picture
* Customer focused
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.