Sr. Financial Analyst 9/14/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Desired candidate is a flexible individual seeking to grow in his/her career by supporting FP&A functions focusing on complex variance and trend analysis as well as become the subject matter expert on all R&D accounting. A dynamic, fast-paced environment requires a quick learner, a commitment to proactive process improvements, and strong commitment to accountability and customer focus.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Conducts financial analysis
* Variance analysis including for sales/GM/Orders, risk analysis, profit/loss analysis, cash flow impact, etc.
* Interfaces with all facets of the business and performs extensive investigations as required.
* Analyze financial data, defining relevant information and interpreting the results for the purpose of determining past financial performance and potential risks and opportunities for the future.
* Completes the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information. Prepares various financial reports and continuously monitors efficiency and accuracy of reporting.
* Performs financial analysis at complex levels including full P&L analysis, working capital, investments, budgeting, and financial and expense performance comparisons.
* Perform overhead rate calculations and analysis.
* Strong Excel user required: Heavy, intermediate-to-advanced excel usage with familiarity with managing large, complex data is a must, with the ability to make quick changes to and analysis of extensive amounts of data. Talent in Excel modelling required, with ability to quickly revise or create new management reports while maintaining accuracy and satisfying internal customer demands.
* Backup for FP&A Manager and ad hoc requests as required.
* Business partner to Program Manager/Engineering
* Responsible for effective and proactive communication to management of complex accounting rules and the impact on current and future P&L and CF forecasts and budgets.
* Develops financial controls, procedures, and systems, to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements. Ensures conformance to IFRS requirements at all times.
* Monitors cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met.
* Performs complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs.
* Weekly, monthly, YTD, and ITD labor and material tracking.
* Researches and resolves anomalies in cost data.
* Provides updates and Variance Analysis.
* Responsible for program control and administration involving monitoring and recording of labor and material charges using Unanet and the general ledger.
Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Specific Skills and/or Experience Requirements:
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Enjoys being challenged. Willingness to grow and learn.
* Demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm, implements new ways to maximize performance, plans ahead and gets others to help drive projects to completion; acts with integrity and adheres to business ethics. Leads by example.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision working with business leaders. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Team player with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential to success.
* Monitors and recommends enhancements to data extracts from source systems.Ensures integrity and validity of data is intact.
* Be able to simplify large, complex and disparate data sets into meaningful reports and insights.
* Detailed knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex business problems
* Detail-oriented; strong analytical and independent problem solving skills to evaluate financial results
* Self-driven desire to learn more about the business and drive process improvements
* Other responsibilities as assigned
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.