Sr. Food Service Worker - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Sr. Food Service Worker - Per Diem
Trades & Services
8 ; 20%
Retail Food Svcs
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Department of Nutrition & Food Services has two major divisions: nutrition services and food services. The Department provides professional nutrition services and food to patients in the hospitals and clinics at Parnassus and Mount Zion sites. It is also operates a retail cafeteria at Parnassus and provides a full range of catering services to the Medical Center, Mount Zion, Mission Bay, campus, and the surrounding community.
This person works as a team to provide food service that is safe, accurate, timely and responsive to the customer s needs. Food service includes stocking and serving portion controlled hot and cold food, replenishing stations in the server, stocking beverage coolers and grab and go merchandise. Serveries and coffee shop areas include cold preparation of food items. This position is responsible for cash, credit card and debit card transactions for the Caf . The person maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the retail work stations, cafeteria seating areas and equipment. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer interactions and is looked upon as the ambassador for the department of Nutrition and Food Services.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Smile, greets customers and offers assistance.
* Know the menu being served at each station.
* Understands and provides accurate information.
* Ensures a professional and gracious environment.
* Effectively communicates with a wide variety of individuals inside and outside the Medical Center.
Retail Food Service and Barista
* Follow hand washing procedures and glove use while handing ready to eat food.
* Take order and prepare coffee and espresso beverages orders as per standard recipes.
* Take orders and prepare food at made to order stations sandwich and salad stations.
* Take order and serve hot food using portion control standards.
* Restock merchandise in rack, refrigerators and display cases.
* Label and date products in the refrigerators, follow FIFO procedures
* Ready hot and cold holding well for meal service to maintain safe and quality food.
* Clean, organize and replenish condiment stations
* Clean and sanitize the espresso machine, steaming wands, blender pitchers as per directions
* Clean and sanitize work surfaces and work station specific equipment per procedures
* Replenish cups, lids, milk, condiments, spoons, forks and knives
* Report malfunctioning equipment or repairs needed to supervisor
* Assist with preparation of food platters and lay out
* Set up, serve and clean up special events
* Accurately set up carts for events and delivery for food items and quantity
* Deliver and retrieve catering at specified order time and location
* Check equipment and serving ware is in in good repair and presentable to customers
* Restock and store supplies, linen, and equipment after events
* Clean and sanitize dishes, serving ware and catering carts
* Assist and direct work of other staff assisting in large events
* Utilize TUGS system to dispatch orders as needed
* Accurately rings items into point-of-sale system.
* Responsible for accurate money counts - change fund, deposits, all transactions.
* Ensures accurate reporting of all transactions.
* Ensures security of university funds.
* Follows UCSF cash handling procedures
* Follow double custody procedure and be escorted back to the cash room
* Follow down time procedures when cash registers are down
* Wash dishes, pots, and pans from the servery
* Maintaining cleanliness of customer seating area, work area, floors and counters and equipment
* Sort trash, recycling and compost items from trays when needed
* Picks up trash, recycling and compost from all areas of the department and takes it to designated containers in the trash room area for removal.
* Check and maintain logs for dish machine temperatures and sanitizer concentration checks.
* Replenish soap, paper towels, hair nets, and gloves throughout serving area.
* Utilize TUGS system to dispatch trash containers to dock
* High School diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of 2 years of customer facing experience within the food service, hospitality or retail industries.
* Read, write and be understood in English
* Valid California Driver s license (for select catering employees only)
* This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Two years of college or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page