Sr HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for supporting Calpine s strategic HR objectives by delivering HR advise/service across the organization covering all or several of the following areas: recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee and labor relations, and safety. Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings. Maintains all necessary records and files for reporting and audit purposes. Prepares reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs. Assists department members with a variety of project-related activities in all key functional areas. Coordinates internal job postings and transfers program, checks references and prepares new hire material.
* In-depth or broad, extensive knowledge.
* Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging, advanced technical experience to resolve complex issues.
* Competent to work at very high level in multiple knowledge areas or functions as an advanced contributor.
* Makes decisions on complex issues regarding project components and advanced tasks.
* Leads the researches for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services and techniques within the function.
* Works on complex issues and projects.
* Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
* Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
* Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
* Trains and mentors employees on technical skills.
* Collaborate and solve problems works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent
* In-depth experience across knowledge areas and multiple functions including project management; typically requires 10+ years in area of specialization.
* Extensive Union experience is required.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm