Sr. Helpdesk Technician - Tier 3 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NOTE: Only Green card or U.S citizen are eligible
* Must be available to work rotating shifts that span 24 x 7 x 365.
* Provide single Point-of-Contact for Customer Support, 24x7x365 via phone, email, fax, and chat staff and customers
* Provide competent friendly customer support on each interaction
* Transfer out of scope service requests to appropriate WMATA departments for resolution
* Use the WMATA knowledge base on every customer interaction
* Log and categorize reported problems
* Monitor and track problems until resolved
* Provide updates/status to users and leadership team members
* Resolve problems within service levels
* Escalate unresolved problems to designated WMATA Management
* Update WMATA knowledgebase with missing problem resolution information
* Close problems with the original caller
* Server as Subject Matter Expert to peer technicians (Tier I & II)
* Respond to incoming phone calls, chat, and email from other Help Desk Technicians in a positive and professional manner
* Screen, refer and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
* Install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware and software as a means of training others and in escalated customer service situations
* Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support and training to peer Technicians.
* Apply advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
* Participate in the administration of e-mail system support and problem resolution.
* Provide phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users using remote desktop access as indicated by problem resolution protocol
* Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
* Maintain current and develop future knowledge of relevant technologies
* Participate in special projects as required.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Function in the Help Desk Call Center with other colleagues in a fast-paced, customer-centric "bull pen" work environment as Subject Matter Experts.
* Document and track all calls through WMATA's ticket resolution/customer relations management system.
* Interface with and work under the direction of designated WMATA managers.
* AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE SUPERVISING/MANAGING EXPERIENCE IN A HELP DESK ENVIRONMENT
* MINIMUM CERTIFICATIONS: ANY (3) OR ANY (3) EQUIVALENT OF: A+, NETWORK+, PROJECT+, SECURITY+, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, HDI SUPPORT CENTER SPECIALIST, ITIL V3 FOUNDATION, PMP
* Minimum Education: Four-yearBachelor's Degree from an accredited U.S. school preferred, though not required
* Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft operating systems
* Demonstrate working experience with Microsoft Suites and Applications to include Office Professional, Project and Visio
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange
* Flexible working hours to accommodate a 24/7 shift, including rotating weekends, split days off, and holidays.
* Exceptional understanding of IT Service Management processes
* Demonstrated experience in managing/scheduling computer refreshes on a scale of hundreds of computers per refresh period
* An aptitude for providing positive customer service
* Experience within a Desktop Helpdesk environment
* Good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills
* An in-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, applications, printers and other hardware required.
* Displays courtesy and sensitivity
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
* Meets all commitments
* Responds promptly to customer needs