Senior Hospital Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Senior Hospital Facilities Manager
Auto Req ID
* Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business
* Manages hospital facilities and plant operations teams which includes but is not limited to regulatory compliance and management, quality assurance activities and programs, financial performance and reporting and personnel management and development
* Accountable for ensuring that all building systems and equipment are maintained in accordance with Joint Commission Environment of Care (EOC) standards and all other applicable State/Federal/Local regulatory requirements
* Accountable for financial performance related to Operational Facilities spend while ensuring adherence to established budgets
* Ensures staff training in approved practices and procedures related to proper facility maintenance techniques
* Creates annual Individual Performance Management Program templates in conjunction with HR for all direct reports
* Partners with JLL Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Managers to ensure all vendor contracts are properly implemented and executed consistent with the identified scope of work and requirements of the MSA
* Provides oversight/support to Property, Project & Procurement Teams in the delivery of maintenance, projects and vendor activities supporting critical operations and/or functions
* Creates a safe work environment for staff by ensuring adherence to all safety/infection control policies and procedures/practices to include but not limited to the wearing of appropriate protective clothing and gear and the proper handling of contaminated equipment and tools
* Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice
* Attend and actively participate as needed and required in Hospital Sponsored committee meetings (Infection Control/Safety/Quality/Disaster-Emergency Preparedness)
* Tracks, trends and recommends action plans with regard to KPI/SLA below standard performance (MSA Driven) for Plant Operations/Engineering Services
* Determines the degree of compliance with applicable standards, as directed by Jones Lang LaSalle management, specifically in the areas of Joint Commission Environment of Care, CMS, NFPA101 Life Safety Code-SOC/PFI/ILSM, Safety Management, Security Management, Bio-Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials Management and Waste
* Maintains working knowledge and ensures compliance with the Master Services Agreement (MSA) and any other relevant amendments or appendices which guide JLL s relationship
* Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues
* Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style
* Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
* Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
* Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles
* Ability to calculate complex figures and forecast & prepare budgets
* Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports
* Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
* Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment
* Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company
Other Skills and/or Abilities
* Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems
* Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents
* 8+ years of hospital facility management, plant operations, engineering or maintenance supervision experience
* College degree in a related engineering field, formal apprenticeship program or technical trade school, preferred
* Managerial experience required with proven budget and personnel responsibilities
* Joint Commission/CMS Survey Experience at the Hospital level. Fully knowledgeable of activities necessary to produce a state of perpetual readiness and compliance
* Fundamental skills in building critical systems such as HVAC, electrical and mechanical, life safety systems, emergency/stand-by generators, automatic transfer switches, un-interruptible power supply (UPS) systems, power distribution systems
* CHFM Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, CFM Certified Facility Manager or other relevant certifications, a plus
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing ability
* Proficiency with MS Office, MS Outlook, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and internet/intranet
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s