Sr. Human Resources Generalist - Manufacturing 8/31/2016
GKN Walterscheid (Land Systems Division)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Senior Human Resources Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for partnering with and providing HR services and related support to assigned business areas. The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in all functional areas of Human Resources to include policy and process development and administration, employee relations, talent development and organizational effectiveness, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition and strategy development. The generalist will objectively coach, counsel and guide both managers and employees through complex, difficult and emotional issues. The generalist will fully develop an understanding of assigned business areas and represent the interests of those areas within the Human Resources group.
* Accountable for day-to-day HR functions of assigned business group of employees, including
* Assisting with policy administration and ensuring accurate interpretation
* Providing coaching and development for managers and employees, resolving conflicts and act as a facilitator with resolution
* Identifying training needs, conducting training, and participating in succession planning and performance feedback programs, retention and exit interviews
* Assisting in administering compensation and benefits changes associated with merit increases, promotions, transfers, terminations, and leaves of absence
* Ability to analyze all HR related statistics and make proposals to improve current processes or the addition of new processes.
* Training of Business Partners as needed to improve employee engagement
* Aligning HR function with business strategies and objectives
* Interfacing with members of the regional Human Resources and Operational Leadership teams
* Demonstrating an advanced level of knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to employment (for example, OFCCP, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, EEOC Uniform Guidelines) and following those guidelines appropriately
* Successfully driving change in the organization
* Administers performance evaluation program
* Administers GKN Group benefits programs, Group Health Insurance, Hourly Incentive Plans, 401K Plan, assist in coordinating on-site Health Screenings, etc.
* Administers Workers Compensation return to work program and associated employee relations.
* Responsible for data integrating in record keeping systems.
* Coordinate employee relations activities and company events in conjunction with other members of the leadership and HR team.
* Some travelrequired - domestic and potentially international
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degreerequired; focus in Human Resources or Organizational Development, preferred
* Minimum 3-5 years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation
* Proficient in HRIS systems, reporting and analytics
* Passion for human resources, strong perceptive abilities, and the ability to foster positive relationships
* Strong sense of urgency demonstrated through excellent follow-up and follow-through abilities
* Knowledge of current employment law, worker's compensation, ADA, EEOC, and FMLA is necessary
* Experience with Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* Strong organizational and phone skills
* Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
* Human Resources in a manufacturing environment is preferred
* PHR/SPHR certification is preferred