- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP are all some of the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customer's operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $10 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Sr. IT Business Analyst Position Summary:
* Works independently and able to establish a direction or strategy and may provide guidance to more junior BA's.
* Provide subject matter expertise for business customers and technical resources. Often serves as the subject matter expert. Maintain awareness of business process and technology solution best practices within a specific business segment.
* Responsible for business requirements collection from which applications can be developed or modified.
* Engages and may lead the business customers on business processes and practices associated with the IT systems that implement, support or enable those processes and practices.
* Often leads collection and analysis of data and information from business users to understand how systems can solve business problems, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
* Engage and may lead in collection and analysis of possible project engagements, documenting project scope (objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, global and regional considerations, and resource requirements), prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
* Engages and may lead in the definition of work and project scope, objectives and business requirements and the research and selection of potential solutions.
* Produces and may lead the definition and review of the content for user guides, training classes, and other end-user documentation for applications and processes.
* May lead the development of functional test scripts representing business processes and the verification activities that ensure that solutions meet business required.
* Has established knowledge & understanding of functional testing scenarios at both business and technical levels. May lead testing activities with appropriate technical and customer personnel, to ensure that customer interests are represented in all testing stages.
* Responsible for traceability of requirements, translation of business and system requirements into functional and technical specifications. Alerts team leadership when traceability appears weak, or is lost. When changes to the requirements occur, performs the impact analysis and recommends follow-through actions.
* Forges a network of beneficial relationships with all levels, including management, within IT organizations and the customers of IT in order to establish mutual trust and provide a foundation for high level project partnership. Initiates and develops working relationships with internal groups and outside contacts with frequent interaction as a key priority.
* Prepares documentation and presentations, and chairs meetings.
* Applies influence, negotiates, and mediates discussions needed to make progress towards achieving business goals and objectives. May lead conflict resolution activities.
* Understands the business needs at a strategic level and can correlate problems to one or more processes, tools or systems.
* Understands multiple customer contexts (business processes and IT infrastructure and tools).
* Recognizes ramifications of a customer's problem relative to those multiple customer contexts.
* Manages customer expectations at all levels.
* Defines and may lead the activities to ensure those expectations are met.
* May occasionally represent the organization on specific issues.
* Promotes IT customer development of measurable business objectives and process improvements.
* May lead work with audit authorities to develop compliance controls.
* Provides second level support, relating to business applications and processes, and escalation support for aging unresolved issues.
* May lead interactions with third parties including application service providers and partners.
* Provide subject matter (super user) expertise for business software application definition & functionality within a specific business segment.
* 5+ years of Oracle Applications experience, in at least 3 of the following Oracle modules (Purchasing, WIP, Cost, BOM, MRP, Order Management and Inventory)
* 10+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment, especially experience in a Materials Department is highly desirable.
* Previous Oracle Application implementation experience of the following modules listed is highly desirable. (Purchasing, WIP, Cost, BOM, MRP, Order Management and Inventory)
* Must be willing and able to work in an end-user environment; assisting and supporting end users
* Demonstrated ability to lead and administer business projects
* Demonstrated ability to gather, clarify, quantify and document business project requirements
* Demonstrated ability to define a business project scope
* Demonstrated ability to suggest, define and implement business improvement projects
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is highly desirable
* Excellent English written and verbal skills required
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Replacement due to retirement - Mike Utberg
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled