Sr IT Business Analyst (United States)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Elicits the actual needs of stakeholders, communicating between business units, technology teams, and support teams, aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology and serve as a translator between those groups. Possesses an understanding of organization s vision and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business groups supported to enhance the company s competitive edge. Collaborates with stakeholders, business partners, and vendors to understand new functionality, patch releases, new tools and overall impact to the organization.
* Performs business analysis in a variety of complex situations.
* Works with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and document complex business requirements.
* Collects, evaluates, and compress data and information from multiple sources, resolves conflicts and differentiate between actual and required user needs.
* Works independently and may plan, supervise, or lead the work of others on large projects and work efforts.
* Creates business & functional requirements documentation using internally developed templates.
* Manage requirements maintaining traceability and change control.
* Uses strong analytical reasoning to understand end user s requirements and transforming them into operational application.
* Assists with writing text and graphical use cases detailing business and system process flows / data flows.
* Provides feedback to the Project Manager on assumptions, issues, and risks providing mitigation solutions as needed.
* Performs meeting management best practices (agendas, meeting minutes, parking lots, etc.).
* Collaborates with the testing team on test results, root cause analysis and identify requirement gaps and resolutions.
* Communicates timely status on work to stakeholders.
* Conducts knowledge transfer to the support teams during the implementation phase.
* Supports several moderately to complex business processes.
* Mentors other business analysts in developing their skills.
* Performs special assignments in support of departmental objectives.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology or related field or equivalent education and experience. CRO or Pharmaceutical experience preferred. IIBA CBAP certification is preferred. Extensive business analysis experience. Ability to take accountability for business requirements, problems, and issues, carrying through to resolution. Ability to be attentive to detail, flexible, open to suggestions, and possess exemplary communication skills. Ability to interact with stakeholders, business users and project management staff. Ability to understand business needs, process to facilitate the elicitation of business requirements. Ability to mentor junior business analysts in developing their skills.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.