Sr IT Networks Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Network Voice Engineer to participate in the development and maintenance of our unified Voice and Collaboration phone system. S/He will act as the technical lead and central point of contact on large or multiple applications with significant impact to the organization. The Voice Engineer will be responsible for the design, customization and implementation of robust, secure, scalable Contact Center solutions. The candidate will also responsible for capacity planning and performance tuning in production.
Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Day to Day support of the CISCO UCM Production Environment, Software and Hardware
* Monitor the communications systems environment and takes corrective measures to ensure efficient and resilient performance
* Monitor incident ticket queue, assign appropriately and drive tickets to closure
* Cross train team members in IP telephony concepts and practices
* Introduce, integrate and validate changes to contact center call routing applications
* Support for call center disaster recovery design, planning, documentation, testing and execution
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Cisco UCM, UCX, AC, Calabrio Call Recording, WebEx Collaboration, VCSC , Expressway, Voice Gateways
* Manage video/audio, data/voice networking relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues when appropriate
* Review network utilization statistics to verify that circuits are properly sized. Take proactive approaches in provisioning bandwidth to meet needs or determine more analysis is required to determine types of bandwidth usage.
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 5 years experience with VOIP developing requirements, designing and implementing call routing, scripting and configuration for a large scale contact center operation and telephony environment
* Thorough understanding and technical knowledge on IPT, IPCC and Contact Center Technology primarily Cisco Unified Communications Manager, UCCX, Voice Gateways, Attendant Console, Presence and CAD required
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot Cisco IOS SIP gateways and TDM trunks
* Experience with global dial plans, translation patterns and E.164 dialing, IPC and SRST
* Experience using RTMT, pulling traces and log debugging
* Familiar with mixed IPv4/v6 environments.
* Understanding of Cisco Routers and Switches
* Understanding of QOS strategies and QOS monitoring tools preferably Live Action
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status